11 #VanLifers You Should Be Following on Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While we’re frequent flyers here at TPG, we understand that travel doesn’t always need to happen through the air. There are many modes of transportation, but have you ever considered a van? No, not the minivans typically used to shuttle kids to and from soccer practice. We’re talking about living in tricked-out vans, all while exploring the world. Admittedly, we understand that most people probably don’t want to live in a van; that’s why we compiled a list of amazing Instagram users — so you can live your #vanlife through them.
What do you get when a traveling family of three (and a dog) lives in a sprinter van? Candid baby photos in breathtaking locations — the envy of Instagram connoisseurs everywhere. They’re currently driving around their home state of Arizona, but in the past they’ve gone through more northern areas, including Alaska and Canada.
If you think your life is good, you obviously haven’t used solar power to blend smoothies in your van before. Follow this California-based couple as they climb, backpack and cook their away across North America. In the past few years, they’ve travelled to more than eight states including Mississippi and New York, and taken an out-of-country excursion to Cuba.
Alison Turner has some serious photography chops and her gorgeous pics documenting her van travels prove it — we’d follow her even if we she wasn’t a #vanlifer. While she mainly spends time in California, her travels have led her to Italy, Switzerland and even to the famed Mona Lisa in France.
Noël is a perfect example of the mantra “practice what you preach.” She works at a homeless shelter during the week, then spends the weekends traversing new destinations in California with her husband, two dogs and their van. In an interview with Rova Magazine, she said: “Home isn’t a structure, home is [a] community.”
You’ll often find an orange bus affectionally named “Sunshine” roaring down the US interstate — we love its frequent inclusion in the picturesque landscape photos the couple posts on their page. They’ve spent time in states all over the US, including Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana and Michigan.
These two cook amazing dishes from the comfort of their traveling van — but to be honest, their story is just as intriguing as their meals. They seem to be living the millennial dream, with their Instagram bio stating: “From meeting on Tinder to living in a sprinter van.” So far, the couple has passed through Mississippi, Texas and the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
We love the retro vibes in VeggieVanLife’s Instagram aesthetic. This group consisting of Ben, Jos, Argo and Olive are currently traveling across Europe in a 1995 VW LT31 van they’ve named “Blue Bijo.” They’re primarily based in the UK, but have spent time in France and Spain.
This pair of European van dwellers is currently navigating their way through Italy — we’re envious of their snow-capped photographs of the Italian Alps, even in June. While originally from Austria, they’ve also driven through multiple Eastern European countries like Romania and Slovenia.
Ever wanted to see the process of actually converting a van to suit your traveling needs? Richmond and Juliana have documented their process — sprinkled with the occasional adventure — on their account. Currently parked in Oregon, the duo (along with their pup, Roscoe) have spent time all over the West Coast from Arizona up to British Columbia, and even back down to Baja, Mexico.
Hatti and Jake are living the adventurer’s dream, chasing waves during the day, and sleeping under the stars at night. Based in the UK, the pair have road tripped their way around Portugal and France.
Kristen’s currently documenting a five-week vacation to Idaho in her sprinter van and while she’s at it, she’ll teach you how to build your own through her blog, Bearfoot Theory. She’s travelled through 14 US states and several countries, including Belize, Nepal, New Zealand and Tanzania.
Are there any other #VanLife Instagram accounts that you love? Tell us about them in the comments, below.
Featured Image Courtesy of EyesWideOpen via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.