United Places Order for 100 Boeing 737 MAX 10s
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, Boeing made its latest installment of the 737 — the 737 MAX 10 — official. At the time of the announcement, we only knew of two companies that had announced a Memorandum of Understanding to order the aircraft, BOC Aviation in Singapore and the India-based SpiceJet. And today, United Airlines announced that it’s going to place its own order of MAX 10s.
At the Paris Air Show, United announced that it’s placed an order for 100 MAX 10s. Of its current order of 161 737 MAX aircraft, United is choosing to make 100 of those the MAX 10 variant, which it’ll use on domestic routes.
— John Walton @ #PAS17 (@thatjohn) June 20, 2017
The new MAX 10 can hold up to 230 passengers and is 66 inches longer than its predecessor, the MAX 9. “The 737 MAX 10 will enable us to continue using larger and more efficient aircraft within our domestic network and better meet the needs of our customers,” United Chief Financial Officer Andrew Levy said.
— Edward Russell (@e_russell) June 20, 2017
The remaining 61 MAX orders will be the MAX 9 variant, and deliveries will begin in April 2019. United expects to begin taking deliveries of the MAX 10s in 2020. In addition to expanding its narrow-body fleet with the 737s, United also announced today that it’s ordering four additional 777-300ER aircraft, which will feature the carrier’s new Polaris business class.
Elsewhere at the Paris Air Show, United’s competitor Delta announced that it’s ordering an additional 10 Airbus A321 aircraft, increasing the number of A321s in its fleet to 122.
Featured image courtesy of Boeing.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees