Trump Organization to Launch Budget-Friendly Hotel Brand, ‘American Idea’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Trump name isn’t new to the hospitality industry. The Trump Organization is known for luxurious, five-star properties all across the globe. Now, the company is launching a more budget-friendly, three-star hotel brand: American Idea.
The new brand was announced earlier this week, and the properties will be located in smaller towns across America, a change from Trump properties that tend to be located in larger cities. For launch, American Idea will debut three properties in Mississippi — Cleveland, Clarksdale and Greenville.
What’ll set the properties apart from other budget-friendly options across small town America? According to The New York Times, they’ll each feature artifacts of American culture — from an old Coca-Cola machine in the lobby to other relics throughout the rooms.
The new brand will be owned by Chawla Hotels, and it’ll be aimed at business travelers and blues-music tourists. The idea for American Idea came to light when President Trump’s children visited numerous small towns on the campaign trail for their father. They weren’t entirely impressed with the budget-friendly options across the country, so the American Idea spawned from there.
Instead of building new hotels from scratch, the company will retrofit existing properties to fit the new American Idea brand. The new properties could open within seven to eight months.
Featured image courtesy of The Washington Post via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.