This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, a TSA agent found a 20-pound lobster in a traveler’s checked bag. While that was just days ago, a different story about another crustacean aviation sensation is being resurrected thanks to the internet, so now a 2014 Facebook video of crabs overrunning a luggage carousel at a Caribbean airport is here for everyone’s #TBT pleasure.
The incident, which occurred at Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) in the Bahamas a few years back, shows the shellfish scurrying across luggage and onto the floor. Some of the courageous crustaceans can be seen brandishing their claws, trying to ward off the perplexed humans who just want to get their bags.
“You better get back on,” scolds one woman as she shoves a runaway crab back onto the carousel.
According to the video’s caption, the incident began when a crab-packed cooler broke open on the luggage carousel. While it happened many moons ago, it could still be an ominous sign of dark times ahead. Maybe the bottom-feeder revolution is on its way.
H/T: The Sun
Featured photo of conveyer belt crabs courtesy of Lionel Bonimy via Facebook.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards