This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you ask journalists which planes they’re most excited about seeing at the Paris Air Show, you might hear about Boeing’s extended-length Dreamliner, the 787-10, or maybe Embraer’s E195-E2 regional jet, with its aggressive-looking eagle paint job.
But for me, the choice is clear — I’m most excited about Qatar Airways’ 777-300ER, which just arrived at Le Bourget.
The reason? This aircraft, A7-BED (get it? BED!), is Qatar’s first to sport the new Qsuite business class product (see here for the mock-up tour), and while the airline confirmed that it would be at the show, we were also expecting it to begin operating flights to London on June 10 — and were left disappointed (so, until today, it seemed possible that Qsuite wouldn’t actually make its scheduled PAS debut).
I haven’t managed to get on board just yet (despite a couple attempts), but it’s clear that we’ll get a look sometime tomorrow.
For now, our Qsuite mock-up tour will have to do — we’ll get to see the real thing in less than 24 hours.
See these posts for more on the 2017 Paris Air Show:
- 5 Things I’m Most Excited About Seeing at the 2017 Paris Air Show
- Flying Above Paris on One of the Coolest 757s I’ve Ever Seen
- Paris Air Show (hub page)
Have you booked a flight on Qatar’s Qsuite-equipped 777?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees