Qatar Airways’ First 777 With Qsuite Business Class Arrives in Paris
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you ask journalists which planes they’re most excited about seeing at the Paris Air Show, you might hear about Boeing’s extended-length Dreamliner, the 787-10, or maybe Embraer’s E195-E2 regional jet, with its aggressive-looking eagle paint job.
But for me, the choice is clear — I’m most excited about Qatar Airways’ 777-300ER, which just arrived at Le Bourget.
The reason? This aircraft, A7-BED (get it? BED!), is Qatar’s first to sport the new Qsuite business class product (see here for the mock-up tour), and while the airline confirmed that it would be at the show, we were also expecting it to begin operating flights to London on June 10 — and were left disappointed (so, until today, it seemed possible that Qsuite wouldn’t actually make its scheduled PAS debut).
I haven’t managed to get on board just yet (despite a couple attempts), but it’s clear that we’ll get a look sometime tomorrow.
For now, our Qsuite mock-up tour will have to do — we’ll get to see the real thing in less than 24 hours.
See these posts for more on the 2017 Paris Air Show:
- 5 Things I’m Most Excited About Seeing at the 2017 Paris Air Show
- Flying Above Paris on One of the Coolest 757s I’ve Ever Seen
- Paris Air Show (hub page)
Have you booked a flight on Qatar’s Qsuite-equipped 777?
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee