Qatar Airways’ First 777 With Qsuite Business Class Arrives in Paris
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you ask journalists which planes they’re most excited about seeing at the Paris Air Show, you might hear about Boeing’s extended-length Dreamliner, the 787-10, or maybe Embraer’s E195-E2 regional jet, with its aggressive-looking eagle paint job.
But for me, the choice is clear — I’m most excited about Qatar Airways’ 777-300ER, which just arrived at Le Bourget.
The reason? This aircraft, A7-BED (get it? BED!), is Qatar’s first to sport the new Qsuite business class product (see here for the mock-up tour), and while the airline confirmed that it would be at the show, we were also expecting it to begin operating flights to London on June 10 — and were left disappointed (so, until today, it seemed possible that Qsuite wouldn’t actually make its scheduled PAS debut).
I haven’t managed to get on board just yet (despite a couple attempts), but it’s clear that we’ll get a look sometime tomorrow.
For now, our Qsuite mock-up tour will have to do — we’ll get to see the real thing in less than 24 hours.
See these posts for more on the 2017 Paris Air Show:
- 5 Things I’m Most Excited About Seeing at the 2017 Paris Air Show
- Flying Above Paris on One of the Coolest 757s I’ve Ever Seen
- Paris Air Show (hub page)
Have you booked a flight on Qatar’s Qsuite-equipped 777?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.