Alaska and Qantas Expand Codeshare Agreement, Reciprocal Lounge Access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Perhaps the biggest news for US-based flyers with Alaska elite status is that you’ll now have access to Qantas lounges and vice versa for Qantas elites. Beginning today, Alaska flyers with MVP Gold status and higher will have access to all 13 Qantas international business lounges and 24 domestic Qantas Club lounges when traveling on a Qantas-operated domestic or international flight. In addition, Qantas flyers with Gold elite status or higher and Qantas Club members will have access to Alaska’s lounges in Los Angeles (LAX), Seattle (SEA), Anchorage (ANC) and Portland (PDX) when traveling on an Alaska flight connecting to or from a Qantas international flight.
Also, beginning Monday, June 26, 2017, Qantas will add the following four Alaska routes to their existing 15 codeshare routes:
- San Francisco (SFO) to Orange County (SNA)
- SFO to Minneapolis (MSP)
- SFO to Albuquerque (ABQ)
- SFO to Kansas City (MCI)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to San Jose (SJC)
This expansion of benefits and codesharing will be beneficial to flyers, especially given the Alaska-Virgin America merger. Last week, Virgin America announced when it would be ending its partnerships, but Alaska’s showing its top flyers that they’ll continue to have new ways to earn miles and to use their elite perks.
Featured image of the Qantas business-class lounge at LAX courtesy of Qantas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.