Guy Travels the World and Promises Mom He’s Still Kicking
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When some people travel, they decide to leave their troubles at home. Not so for Jonathan Kubben Quiñonez, who — after more than a year of wandering around the world — still takes the time to remind his apparently worrisome mother that he’s alive and well. Quiñonez travels with a giant sign reading “Mom I’m Fine” everywhere he goes, and snaps pictures with it in some of the most unusual places he can find.
Quiñonez’s project began as a clever way to placate his mother, but it has since grown into a bit of an internet sensation. He’s been interviewed about his journey by reporters worldwide, has made TV appearances and even trademarked the phrase “Mom I’m Fine” in August, 2016. You can follow along with Quiñonez’s journey on Facebook and check out his latest pics on Instagram.
This shot alone would be enough to give my mother a heart attack:
Even when there’s nothing dangerous around, he can’t help but stage something scary:
Hopefully he’s wearing plenty of mosquito repellant in this one:
Did somebody say too close for comfort?
Mama Quiñonez must have a really good sense of humor to tolerate this one:
Featured image courtesy of Jonathan Quiñonez’s Instagram page (@momimfine).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.