Lyft Wants to Help You Save Time With Convenient Pickup Suggestions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft’s newest app update, released Monday, is giving riders convenient pickup location suggestions — potentially cutting back on total ride times for both driver and passenger. The app will automatically calculate if a nearby location, perhaps a street corner, for example, is more optimal than the initial pickup spot, giving riders the option to relocate if it is.
In a press release detailing the options, Lyft reassured riders that the suggestions are entirely optional: “Whether you choose to skip or accept the pickup suggestion is totally up to you.” The suggested locations will help drivers avoid potentially time-wasting obstacles such as one-way streets, allowing them to get to the rider — and thus the rider’s destination — faster.
Lyft first began using suggested pickup locations in its Lyft Line carpooling option. Uber does the same with UberPOOL and has been testing a suggested pickup location feature since 2015, according to Engadget.
If you use Delta SkyMiles, don’t forget to link your account to Lyft: You’ll earn a mile per dollar spent in the ride-hailing service. You can also earn three miles per Lyft dollar on airport rides through the end of August.
H/T: The Verge
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.