Lyft Wants to Help You Save Time With Convenient Pickup Suggestions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft’s newest app update, released Monday, is giving riders convenient pickup location suggestions — potentially cutting back on total ride times for both driver and passenger. The app will automatically calculate if a nearby location, perhaps a street corner, for example, is more optimal than the initial pickup spot, giving riders the option to relocate if it is.
In a press release detailing the options, Lyft reassured riders that the suggestions are entirely optional: “Whether you choose to skip or accept the pickup suggestion is totally up to you.” The suggested locations will help drivers avoid potentially time-wasting obstacles such as one-way streets, allowing them to get to the rider — and thus the rider’s destination — faster.
Lyft first began using suggested pickup locations in its Lyft Line carpooling option. Uber does the same with UberPOOL and has been testing a suggested pickup location feature since 2015, according to Engadget.
If you use Delta SkyMiles, don’t forget to link your account to Lyft: You’ll earn a mile per dollar spent in the ride-hailing service. You can also earn three miles per Lyft dollar on airport rides through the end of August.
H/T: The Verge
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees