Lyft Wants to Help You Save Time With Convenient Pickup Suggestions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft’s newest app update, released Monday, is giving riders convenient pickup location suggestions — potentially cutting back on total ride times for both driver and passenger. The app will automatically calculate if a nearby location, perhaps a street corner, for example, is more optimal than the initial pickup spot, giving riders the option to relocate if it is.
In a press release detailing the options, Lyft reassured riders that the suggestions are entirely optional: “Whether you choose to skip or accept the pickup suggestion is totally up to you.” The suggested locations will help drivers avoid potentially time-wasting obstacles such as one-way streets, allowing them to get to the rider — and thus the rider’s destination — faster.
Lyft first began using suggested pickup locations in its Lyft Line carpooling option. Uber does the same with UberPOOL and has been testing a suggested pickup location feature since 2015, according to Engadget.
If you use Delta SkyMiles, don’t forget to link your account to Lyft: You’ll earn a mile per dollar spent in the ride-hailing service. You can also earn three miles per Lyft dollar on airport rides through the end of August.
H/T: The Verge
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.