Korean Air Launches Frequent Flyer Program for Your Furry Flying Companions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that we’re huge dog people here at TPG, so we’re thrilled that Korean Air has launched SKYPETS, its frequent flyer program designed for flying furry family members. Now, every paid one-way flight with your pet will earn “stamps” that can be redeemed for a discount on pet fees.
Stamp earning and redemption rates depend on whether you’re flying domestically or overseas. For each domestic flight, your pet will earn one stamp, while each international leg will earn two. Six stamps can be redeemed for a 50% discount on a domestic pet flight, while 12 stamps will waive all pet fees. International flights require 12 stamps for a 50% discount and 24 stamps for a free pet flight.
Korean isn’t the only carrier to have a special program for pets. Here’s a look at what some other airlines offer to their furry flyers:
JetPaws by JetBlue:
PetSafe by United:
PetSafe has a dedicated 24-hour PetSafe desk, and you can earn 500 MileagePlus miles on pet shipments within the US and 1,000 miles on all other shipments.
If you’re a Flying Club member you can earn bonus miles depending on location. For pets flying to: Atlanta (ATL,) Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA), Detroit (DTW), Washington (IAD), Newark (EWR), New York (JFK), Dubai (DXB), Barbados (BGI), Boston (BOS), Antigua (ANU) and St. Lucia (UVF), you can earn 1,000 miles. For Pets flying to San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX), Johannesburg (JNB) and Hong Kong (HKG), you’ll earn 2,000 miles.
You can get a 50% discount on the published cabin transport fare with Etihad Regional if you purchase a minimum of 10 legs. You’ll want to make sure that you call the airline’s reservation center in order to book a spot for your pet as it doesn’t accept online bookings.
Which carrier does your pet prefer to fly?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees