Korean Air Launches Frequent Flyer Program for Your Furry Flying Companions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that we’re huge dog people here at TPG, so we’re thrilled that Korean Air has launched SKYPETS, its frequent flyer program designed for flying furry family members. Now, every paid one-way flight with your pet will earn “stamps” that can be redeemed for a discount on pet fees.
Stamp earning and redemption rates depend on whether you’re flying domestically or overseas. For each domestic flight, your pet will earn one stamp, while each international leg will earn two. Six stamps can be redeemed for a 50% discount on a domestic pet flight, while 12 stamps will waive all pet fees. International flights require 12 stamps for a 50% discount and 24 stamps for a free pet flight.
Korean isn’t the only carrier to have a special program for pets. Here’s a look at what some other airlines offer to their furry flyers:
JetPaws by JetBlue:
PetSafe by United:
PetSafe has a dedicated 24-hour PetSafe desk, and you can earn 500 MileagePlus miles on pet shipments within the US and 1,000 miles on all other shipments.
If you’re a Flying Club member you can earn bonus miles depending on location. For pets flying to: Atlanta (ATL,) Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA), Detroit (DTW), Washington (IAD), Newark (EWR), New York (JFK), Dubai (DXB), Barbados (BGI), Boston (BOS), Antigua (ANU) and St. Lucia (UVF), you can earn 1,000 miles. For Pets flying to San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX), Johannesburg (JNB) and Hong Kong (HKG), you’ll earn 2,000 miles.
You can get a 50% discount on the published cabin transport fare with Etihad Regional if you purchase a minimum of 10 legs. You’ll want to make sure that you call the airline’s reservation center in order to book a spot for your pet as it doesn’t accept online bookings.
Which carrier does your pet prefer to fly?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.