Elevated 50,000-Mile Sign-Up Bonus on the AAdvantage Aviator Red Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: This offer is no longer available.
Good news if you’re looking to earn some bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles: the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard is offering an increased sign-up bonus. With this increased offer, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus miles after you make a purchase within the first 90 days of card opening and pay the card’s $95 annual fee.
With the Aviator Red card, you’ll earn 2x miles on American Airlines purchases and 1x miles on all other purchases. As far as benefits go, you’ll get your first checked bag for free for yourself as the primary cardholder and up to four companions when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by AA. In addition, you’ll get preferred boarding on domestic routes operated by AA, 25% in-flight savings on food and beverages, you’ll earn 10% of your redeemed miles back and there are no foreign transaction fees. Plus, you’ll earn $3,000 elite-qualifying dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year.
The card was closed for new applicants in 2015 when American Airlines and US Airways merged. Back in December 2016, however, the card opened its applications back up to new customers both in-flight and online. When the card re-launched last year, the sign-up bonus was 40,000 miles after you made your first purchase in the first 90 days and paid the $95 annual fee. Now, for the first time, that offer has increased to its current level of 50,000 bonus miles.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 50,000 AAdvantage miles are worth $700. If you’re looking for some bonus AAdvantage miles, this card could be worth signing up for. There’s no indication how long this increased sign-up bonus will be around (or if it’s permanent), so it’ll be better to act sooner rather than later.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee