How to Redeem Your Starpoints for Exclusive MLB Access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
With baseball season in full swing, fans across the country are lining up to see their favorite teams in action. For most, a trip to the ballpark means nothing more than watching the game. But we have one opportunity in particular to call out — this summer you can use your Starpoints to transform your game day into an all-inclusive home run, complete with luxury seating, behind-the-scenes access and more.
SPG Moments continues its winning streak, lining up some pretty awesome event packages. TPG used his Starpoints to take his dad to a New York Knicks game in VIP style. Now, SPG’s offering an all-star lineup of exclusive, sports-related Moments packages. Since a few might be a toss-up, we’re highlighting some of the most compelling experiences SPG is auctioning off. If you’re interested in bidding, don’t delay — you could end up striking out! There aren’t too many packages to go around, and if you don’t bid early, you may lose your chance to get in on the action.
What: Many fans love hunting for fly balls during pre-game batting practice. During this year’s MLB All-Star Game, take that love a step further and shag them from the field during the Home Run Derby. Starwood has lined up a great package deal with this offer, including tickets to the All-Star Game and access to many of the festivities.
When: July 9-11, 2017
Cost: The current lowest bid is 6,000 Starpoints
Bidding ends: June 12, 2017
What: Wrigley Field has always been a must-see stop in the Windy City, but since the Chicago Cubs ended their century-long championship drought with last year’s World Series win, the historic stadium’s standing only grew. The next time you pass through Chicago, consider watching the Cubs play from SPG’s luxury suite. You’ll get premium seating, access to a fully stocked bar and an indoor area where you can go to escape the heat. Best of all, you’ll get to eat as many Chicago-style hot dogs as you can stomach.
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago
When: SPG Luxury Suite packages are still available for many home games this season.
Cost: Bidding starts at 15,000 Starpoints
Bidding Ends: Three days before the chosen game, generally.
What: How’s this for a double play? Find out what the manager was thinking after the final out with this one-of-a-kind pass to the post-game press conference at Globe Park. You’ll get to watch as reporters analyze each big-moment play from the scene, and hear firsthand the inside scoop on the events of the day. This is every serious baseball fan’s dream (or this intern’s, at least). This SPG package deal also comes with two tickets to the game beforehand.
Where: Arlington, Texas
When: September 9, 2017
Cost: The current lowest bid is 5,500 Starpoints
Bidding ends: September 5, 2017
(And now for the pitch…) Remember that if you’re in need of some more Starpoints, you can hit it out of the park with the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, which is currently offering 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
Which MLB experience will you be bidding on?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees