How to Redeem Your Starpoints for Exclusive MLB Access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
With baseball season in full swing, fans across the country are lining up to see their favorite teams in action. For most, a trip to the ballpark means nothing more than watching the game. But we have one opportunity in particular to call out — this summer you can use your Starpoints to transform your game day into an all-inclusive home run, complete with luxury seating, behind-the-scenes access and more.
SPG Moments continues its winning streak, lining up some pretty awesome event packages. TPG used his Starpoints to take his dad to a New York Knicks game in VIP style. Now, SPG’s offering an all-star lineup of exclusive, sports-related Moments packages. Since a few might be a toss-up, we’re highlighting some of the most compelling experiences SPG is auctioning off. If you’re interested in bidding, don’t delay — you could end up striking out! There aren’t too many packages to go around, and if you don’t bid early, you may lose your chance to get in on the action.
What: Many fans love hunting for fly balls during pre-game batting practice. During this year’s MLB All-Star Game, take that love a step further and shag them from the field during the Home Run Derby. Starwood has lined up a great package deal with this offer, including tickets to the All-Star Game and access to many of the festivities.
When: July 9-11, 2017
Cost: The current lowest bid is 6,000 Starpoints
Bidding ends: June 12, 2017
What: Wrigley Field has always been a must-see stop in the Windy City, but since the Chicago Cubs ended their century-long championship drought with last year’s World Series win, the historic stadium’s standing only grew. The next time you pass through Chicago, consider watching the Cubs play from SPG’s luxury suite. You’ll get premium seating, access to a fully stocked bar and an indoor area where you can go to escape the heat. Best of all, you’ll get to eat as many Chicago-style hot dogs as you can stomach.
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago
When: SPG Luxury Suite packages are still available for many home games this season.
Cost: Bidding starts at 15,000 Starpoints
Bidding Ends: Three days before the chosen game, generally.
What: How’s this for a double play? Find out what the manager was thinking after the final out with this one-of-a-kind pass to the post-game press conference at Globe Park. You’ll get to watch as reporters analyze each big-moment play from the scene, and hear firsthand the inside scoop on the events of the day. This is every serious baseball fan’s dream (or this intern’s, at least). This SPG package deal also comes with two tickets to the game beforehand.
Where: Arlington, Texas
When: September 9, 2017
Cost: The current lowest bid is 5,500 Starpoints
Bidding ends: September 5, 2017
(And now for the pitch…) Remember that if you’re in need of some more Starpoints, you can hit it out of the park with the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, which is currently offering 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
Which MLB experience will you be bidding on?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.