See the London Skyline from the World’s Fastest City Zip Line
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Adrenaline junkies take note: In one week’s time London will become the home of the world’s fastest urban zip line.
Opening in Archbishop’s Park on July 7, the new zip line will up some serious stats: it spans 738 feet and can reach speeds up to 50 miles per hour, according to London’s Evening Standard. While on the 30-second decent, riders can expect to see stunning views of the city’s central landmarks, including iconic Big Ben — if they’re brave enough to look around, that is.
“I see it as a decent halfway house between a roller coaster and a bungee jump,” Zip World London founder Barry Shaverin told the Evening Standard. “It’ll be exciting but not terrifying.”
The ride was designed with crowds in mind; its two parallel lines can together handle 60 rides every hour. Daring riders will only get to strap in after running through a 40-minute prep and safety course. Visitors should act fast, as the line won’t be around for long — it’s slated to close after a 12-week run. Tickets are priced at £22.50 (~$29) for adults, £18.50 (~$24) for students and £16.50 (~$21) for children over the age of eight. Check out the video below for a closer look.
Headed across the pond? Use points to stay at some of London’s top hotels during your travels.
H/T: Evening Standard
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.