See the London Skyline from the World’s Fastest City Zip Line
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Adrenaline junkies take note: In one week’s time London will become the home of the world’s fastest urban zip line.
Opening in Archbishop’s Park on July 7, the new zip line will up some serious stats: it spans 738 feet and can reach speeds up to 50 miles per hour, according to London’s Evening Standard. While on the 30-second decent, riders can expect to see stunning views of the city’s central landmarks, including iconic Big Ben — if they’re brave enough to look around, that is.
“I see it as a decent halfway house between a roller coaster and a bungee jump,” Zip World London founder Barry Shaverin told the Evening Standard. “It’ll be exciting but not terrifying.”
The ride was designed with crowds in mind; its two parallel lines can together handle 60 rides every hour. Daring riders will only get to strap in after running through a 40-minute prep and safety course. Visitors should act fast, as the line won’t be around for long — it’s slated to close after a 12-week run. Tickets are priced at £22.50 (~$29) for adults, £18.50 (~$24) for students and £16.50 (~$21) for children over the age of eight. Check out the video below for a closer look.
Headed across the pond? Use points to stay at some of London’s top hotels during your travels.
H/T: Evening Standard
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees