Airport Prankster Gives Fellow Passengers a Real Shocker
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What happens when there are only 30 minutes left until your plane starts boarding and you’ve got an iPhone that’s nearly out of juice? You spin your head this way and that, praying to find an outlet, yearning for deliverance unto electric salvation. Over there, on that pillar! Glory be the gods of Terminal C! You unsheathe your two-pronged excalibur and and plug it triumphantly into… a sticker?
That’s the terrible scene that played out Wednesday in Miami International Airport (MIA), where a prankster known only by his twitter handle, @JustBasicDave, stuck fake outlet stickers around the terminal. He then watched as other passengers, many waiting to board a flight to London, tried in vain to plug in. Check out the videos below, which “Dave” recorded so his followers could observe the aftermath.
What do you think, is this prank hilarious or the meanest trick ever? Sound off, below.
Featured image of potential victims courtesy of Rudi Reit via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.