Deal Alert: US Cities to Europe From $55 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Update 6/1/2017 12:26pm: It looks like WOW’s $55 one-way tickets are a hit (no surprise there) — the carrier’s booking engine is down for the time being.
WOW is currently offering $55 one-way fares from several US cities including Miami (MIA), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) to Europe. This deal is only available for flights in June and on select dates. They’re selling out fast, so if you’re hoping to get across the Atlantic for a bargain-basement price, head over to WOW’s site right now. If you’re feeling lucky (and know a little bit of German, to boot), play around on WOW’s German website to find low one-way fares for your return.
Routes: SFO to AMS/CPH/DUB/LGW/SXF, MIA to BRS/BRU/CPH/DUB/DUS/EDI/FRA/ORK, LAX to AMS/CPH/DUB/LGW/SXF
Cost: $55+ one way economy
Dates: June 11 – June 28
Booking Link: WOW or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Brussels (BRU) for $55 one-way:
San Francisco (SFO) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $55 one-way:
San Francisco (SFO) to Berlin (SXF) for $55 one-way:
Miami (MIA) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $205 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to London (LGW) for $275 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $294 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.