Deal Alert: Premium Economy to Singapore From $1,086 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If Singapore has long been on your mind — as are thoughts of sitting in economy for hours and hours — then this is the deal for you. China Airlines is in the middle of an impressive sale (brought to our attention by TPG reader, Vidit), on its premium economy cabin. Right now you can find flights from multiple US cities — including New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX) and Canadian city Vancouver (YVR) — to Singapore (SIN) for as low as $1,086 round-trip.
That’s a great price on premium economy to Southeast Asia, but there’s a bonus that takes this deal up a notch. You’ll have one short stop in Taipei (TPE) on these itineraries, and then for the leg from Taipei to Singapore, you’ll be seated in business class on China Air’s Airbus A350, which is the airline’s newest plane. On top of that, if you’re departing from New York, the leg from the US to Taipei is on the carrier’s 777-300ER, which features 39″ of legroom and 120 degrees of recline in the premium economy cabin seats.
You’ll find wide availability for this deal between August 2017 and May 2018, except for the month of December. Departures are available from Monday through Thursday and most of these fares have no minimum stay requirement. Google Flights will price these itineraries slightly higher, but just use it as a search engine to find the dates you want — then click through to book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with China Airlines — and you should see the lower final price.
China Airlines is a member of SkyTeam, so you can credit these flights to Delta SkyMiles and earn 100% of flown redeemable miles, 75% of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 20% of Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) — based on the premium economy fare class. For the JFK-TPE-SIN round-trip routing from New York, that should result in 19,609 SkyMiles, 14,707 MQMs and an impressive $3,922 MQDs.
Airline: China Airlines
Routes: JFK/SFO/LAX/YVR to SIN
Cost: $1,086+ round-trip in premium economy (TPE-SIN leg in business)
Dates: September 2017 through May 2018 (excluding December)
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy/business for $1,086 round-trip via Expedia:
San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy/business for $1,276 round-trip via Expedia:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy/business for $1,324 round-trip via Expedia:
Vancouver (YVR) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy/business for CA$1,515 (~US$1,142) round-trip via Expedia:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: TPG Reader Vidit
Featured image courtesy of Anupong Sonprom/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees