This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/15/17: It’s time to register! Head over to this page to activate your Q3 bonus.
Today, June 14, is your last day to activate the Q2 bonus for the Chase Freedom Card, which gives you 5% cash back on purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. And as of tomorrow, you’ll be able to activate the Q3 5% cash back bonus, which we now know is for purchases at restaurants and movie theaters.
As a reminder, the Chase Freedom will give you 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) for rotating categories when you enroll in the benefit. The 5% cash back or 5x points are only for the first $1,500 in combined purchases at the selected merchant categories.
Beginning tomorrow, you can enroll for the Q3 bonus by going to Chase’s website and entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the card number and the billing zip code. Note that you won’t be able to activate the Q3 bonus until tomorrow.
If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this quarter’s bonus, as it lasts through September. Currently, the card is offering a $150 (or 15,000 points) bonus after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, don’t forget to enroll tomorrow to ensure you’re maximizing the no-annual-fee card.
Featured image courtesy of Hero Images via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees