This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/15/17: It’s time to register! Head over to this page to activate your Q3 bonus.
Today, June 14, is your last day to activate the Q2 bonus for the Chase Freedom Card, which gives you 5% cash back on purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. And as of tomorrow, you’ll be able to activate the Q3 5% cash back bonus, which we now know is for purchases at restaurants and movie theaters.
As a reminder, the Chase Freedom will give you 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) for rotating categories when you enroll in the benefit. The 5% cash back or 5x points are only for the first $1,500 in combined purchases at the selected merchant categories.
Beginning tomorrow, you can enroll for the Q3 bonus by going to Chase’s website and entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the card number and the billing zip code. Note that you won’t be able to activate the Q3 bonus until tomorrow.
If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this quarter’s bonus, as it lasts through September. Currently, the card is offering a $150 (or 15,000 points) bonus after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, don’t forget to enroll tomorrow to ensure you’re maximizing the no-annual-fee card.
Featured image courtesy of Hero Images via Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees