This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/15/17: It’s time to register! Head over to this page to activate your Q3 bonus.
Today, June 14, is your last day to activate the Q2 bonus for the Chase Freedom Card, which gives you 5% cash back on purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. And as of tomorrow, you’ll be able to activate the Q3 5% cash back bonus, which we now know is for purchases at restaurants and movie theaters.
As a reminder, the Chase Freedom will give you 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) for rotating categories when you enroll in the benefit. The 5% cash back or 5x points are only for the first $1,500 in combined purchases at the selected merchant categories.
Beginning tomorrow, you can enroll for the Q3 bonus by going to Chase’s website and entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the card number and the billing zip code. Note that you won’t be able to activate the Q3 bonus until tomorrow.
If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this quarter’s bonus, as it lasts through September. Currently, the card is offering a $150 (or 15,000 points) bonus after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, don’t forget to enroll tomorrow to ensure you’re maximizing the no-annual-fee card.
Featured image courtesy of Hero Images via Getty Images.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that