This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/15/17: It’s time to register! Head over to this page to activate your Q3 bonus.
Today, June 14, is your last day to activate the Q2 bonus for the Chase Freedom Card, which gives you 5% cash back on purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. And as of tomorrow, you’ll be able to activate the Q3 5% cash back bonus, which we now know is for purchases at restaurants and movie theaters.
As a reminder, the Chase Freedom will give you 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) for rotating categories when you enroll in the benefit. The 5% cash back or 5x points are only for the first $1,500 in combined purchases at the selected merchant categories.
Beginning tomorrow, you can enroll for the Q3 bonus by going to Chase’s website and entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the card number and the billing zip code. Note that you won’t be able to activate the Q3 bonus until tomorrow.
If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this quarter’s bonus, as it lasts through September. Currently, the card is offering a $150 (or 15,000 points) bonus after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, don’t forget to enroll tomorrow to ensure you’re maximizing the no-annual-fee card.
Featured image courtesy of Hero Images via Getty Images.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees