Take A 360-Degree Virtual Reality Tour of Boeing’s 737 Factory
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Boeing factory tour in Everett, Washington is a must-do for any avgeek visiting the Seattle area. While more than five million visitors have visited the Boeing factory in Everett, Washington, far fewer have had the opportunity to check out the other factory in Renton, 11 miles southeast of Seattle.
That’s all going to change now — at least virtually. Boeing has launched “Incredible: The Story of the Boeing Renton Site,” an interactive site providing 360-degree-views, videos and photo galleries of the production facility at Renton for the Boeing 737, one of the company’s best selling commercial jets (14,146 sold as of April 2017, to be exact).
The tour is divided into five different sections and begins outside the assembly building, where narrated High Definition (HD) video clips show fuselages waiting to be wheeled in for final assembly. Clicking on the icons will show you detailed information and videos of each step of the 10-day process, which in the case below contains a video documenting the 2,000-mile fuselage delivery journey from Wichita, Kansas to the factory in Renton.
The menu panel on the left gives you the option to enter the facility and observe the 737 production line in similar full HD, 360-degree glory. What’s really interesting, too, is the final section called “Looking towards the horizon,” which brings viewers right down to the flight line at Renton Field, where a new 737 headed to Ryanair is seen taking off for flight tests.
A large part of civil aviation history can be traced back to Boeing’s Renton facility — more than 12,000 commercial airliners, or about 30% of the company’s fleet flying around the world today were built in Renton. Today, the site is home to the production of the 737, churning out a staggering 47 planes a month, including the latest Boeing 737 MAX-9.
Images courtesy of Boeing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees