Watch Boeing’s 787-10 Dreamliner Fly Alongside a 737 MAX 9
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Paris Air Show officially gets underway next week and some very cool events have already launched. Along with the show, we can expect more than a few awesome exhibitions from Boeing, Airbus and others. Airplane manufacturers often produce videos in advance of the big week to show off their wares, as Boeing did in 2015 to demonstrate the capabilities of its 787-9 aircraft.
This year, Boeing is back with a eye-popping new video exhibiting some side-by-side precision flying of two of its brand new aircraft: the 787-10 Dreamliner and the 737 MAX 9.
The 737 MAX 9, which rolled out of the factory in March and took to the skies for the first time in April, is the largest 737 variant ever produced by Boeing, measuring 138 feet in length and seating up to 220 passengers. But it looks like a little pipsqueak as it lines up on the tarmac next to its “dash ten” Dreamliner big brother. The 787-10 has been stretched to a length of 224 feet and can accommodate a maximum of 330 passengers; it made its first flight in April as well.
Should you ever find yourself with a 787-10 and a 737 MAX 9 conveniently on hand and consider trying any of these extreme maneuvers on your own — namely the nearly 90-degree vertical take-offs each plane executes — please keep in mind the company’s “do not attempt” fine print disclaimer at the end of the video.
Watching this pair cut through the skies together is an #AvGeek dream, and is just the start of the excitement. We’ll be reporting regularly from the industry’s biggest event over the next few days, so stay tuned to this page and Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig’s Twitter and Instagram accounts for more to come from Le Bourget.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.