This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Paris Air Show officially gets underway next week and some very cool events have already launched. Along with the show, we can expect more than a few awesome exhibitions from Boeing, Airbus and others. Airplane manufacturers often produce videos in advance of the big week to show off their wares, as Boeing did in 2015 to demonstrate the capabilities of its 787-9 aircraft.
This year, Boeing is back with a eye-popping new video exhibiting some side-by-side precision flying of two of its brand new aircraft: the 787-10 Dreamliner and the 737 MAX 9.
The 737 MAX 9, which rolled out of the factory in March and took to the skies for the first time in April, is the largest 737 variant ever produced by Boeing, measuring 138 feet in length and seating up to 220 passengers. But it looks like a little pipsqueak as it lines up on the tarmac next to its “dash ten” Dreamliner big brother. The 787-10 has been stretched to a length of 224 feet and can accommodate a maximum of 330 passengers; it made its first flight in April as well.
Should you ever find yourself with a 787-10 and a 737 MAX 9 conveniently on hand and consider trying any of these extreme maneuvers on your own — namely the nearly 90-degree vertical take-offs each plane executes — please keep in mind the company’s “do not attempt” fine print disclaimer at the end of the video.
Watching this pair cut through the skies together is an #AvGeek dream, and is just the start of the excitement. We’ll be reporting regularly from the industry’s biggest event over the next few days, so stay tuned to this page and Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig’s Twitter and Instagram accounts for more to come from Le Bourget.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards