This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever attended a Pride Parade, you know how electrifying they can be: the crowd, the cause, the cacophony. I’ve attended festivals all over the world — from New York to Madrid — and this year you can join us in Washington, D.C. for the city’s annual Pride Parade. Trust me, we’re really doing it up for our first parade.
We’ve designed a kick-ass 747-themed float that includes a runway, four massive jet engines and DJ Mia Moretti to keep everyone grooving throughout the parade. We’ll even have our own TPG and Pride-inspired gear. Coming to Pride is a great way to express your support for the LGBT community and it’s also going to be a blast.
We’ll be marching with Rainbow Railroad and we want our readers to join us. Rainbow Railroad is an organization that helps save LGBT people from areas where they are subject to death and imprisonment just for expressing their sexual orientation or gender identity. We launched a campaign to donate miles so Rainbow Railroad could get the refugees flights to their new homes — and just a week later our readers raised over 1 million miles!
So how do you join us? All TPG readers are welcome to enter and we’ll be selecting 40 to join us in the parade. We’ll be randomly selecting winners after they complete one easy task. To enter, just follow these three steps:
- Upload a picture to Instagram showing something you’re proud of
- Use the hashtag #mypointofpride and tag @ThePointsGuy
- Follow us on Instagram @ThePointsGuy so we can notify you about joining the parade
Submit your picture by June 6 to qualify. Winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
The Parade will take place on Saturday June 10 from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm. And note: we will also have a presence at the march on Sunday, and we’d love to see you there, too. If you’re interested in donating miles to Rainbow Railroad, read about how here.
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you at Pride!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards