This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever attended a Pride Parade, you know how electrifying they can be: the crowd, the cause, the cacophony. I’ve attended festivals all over the world — from New York to Madrid — and this year you can join us in Washington, D.C. for the city’s annual Pride Parade. Trust me, we’re really doing it up for our first parade.
We’ve designed a kick-ass 747-themed float that includes a runway, four massive jet engines and DJ Mia Moretti to keep everyone grooving throughout the parade. We’ll even have our own TPG and Pride-inspired gear. Coming to Pride is a great way to express your support for the LGBT community and it’s also going to be a blast.
We’ll be marching with Rainbow Railroad and we want our readers to join us. Rainbow Railroad is an organization that helps save LGBT people from areas where they are subject to death and imprisonment just for expressing their sexual orientation or gender identity. We launched a campaign to donate miles so Rainbow Railroad could get the refugees flights to their new homes — and just a week later our readers raised over 1 million miles!
So how do you join us? All TPG readers are welcome to enter and we’ll be selecting 40 to join us in the parade. We’ll be randomly selecting winners after they complete one easy task. To enter, just follow these three steps:
- Upload a picture to Instagram showing something you’re proud of
- Use the hashtag #mypointofpride and tag @ThePointsGuy
- Follow us on Instagram @ThePointsGuy so we can notify you about joining the parade
Submit your picture by June 6 to qualify. Winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
The Parade will take place on Saturday June 10 from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm. And note: we will also have a presence at the march on Sunday, and we’d love to see you there, too. If you’re interested in donating miles to Rainbow Railroad, read about how here.
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you at Pride!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees