Violent Fight Between Passengers Breaks out on Southwest Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest has been one of the only US carriers to stay mostly out of the drama that’s been plaguing other US carriers over the past few weeks. In fact, we even saw a heartwarming video from one of its pilots. But, that all changed recently on Southwest Flight 2530 from Dallas Love Field (DAL) to Burbank (BUR), which ended in chaos.
Shortly after the flight landed in BUR, three passengers broke out into a fist fight as the plane taxied to the gate. According to the Associated Press, the fight escalated as passengers were deplaning. A brawl broke out between the passengers, with one punching another multiple times. Of course, the incident was recorded on a cell phone and posted online:
A Southwest spokeswoman said that upon the flight’s arrival and the fight breaking out, police were called to the scene. The spokeswoman said that one of the passengers was arrested and “another incurred minor injuries that didn’t prevent further travel.” Flight 2530 was stopping in BUR before continuing on to its final destination of Oakland (OAK).
As of this writing, there’s no word on what started the fight between the passengers. According to CNN, Southwest thanked its employees for reacting quickly and preventing the situation from escalating any further.
Among the other airline-related aggressions we’ve seen over the last few weeks: a Delta pilot slapped a woman, passengers fought on an ANA flight and chaos broke out in the terminal at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) as a result of cancelled Spirit Airlines flights.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.