This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
This three bedroom, 16,577 square foot private villa at the St. Regis Maldives comes equipped with a large pool, private gym, screening room and more. The cost for all this luxury? $21,000+ per night.
Recently, TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt experienced an overbooked flight on her way from NYC to South Carolina. Instead of devolving into a chaotic situation with injured passengers, the situation was easily resolved thanks to Delta offering generous compensation for confirmed passengers to give up their seats.
American Airlines invited TPG to experience its new Flagship First Dining located in JFK’s Terminal 8. AA has invested a lot in this exclusive perk — and it shows. Check out all the food and drink available for the airline’s top flyers.
The Unaccompanied Flyer sat down with American Airlines CEO Doug Parker earlier this month for an interview. And, the interviewer didn’t pull any punches, asking right off the bat why the airline moved to a revenue-based frequent flyer program. Read what Parker had to say and see if you agree with him.
TPG chose to stay at Amanyara, Turks and Caicos on a recent vacation to the Caribbean nation. Did it live up to the hype of an Aman resort (and the steep price tag)?
In other news…
Earn Bonus TrueBlue Points for JetBlue Flights From NYC
You can earn up to 6,000 bonus TrueBlue points when you register for JetBlue’s current promo and then fly up to three round-trip flights between NYC (LGA, JFK, EWR) by July 23, 2017.
Earn Double Business Extra Points on AA Flights to Europe For a Limited Time
American Airlines recently launched a trio of transatlantic flights between Dallas (DFW) and Amsterdam (AMS) and Rome (FCO) and Chicago (ORD) and Barcelona (BCN). To celebrate the new routes, it’s offering double Business Extra points when you fly on any of those routes between now and June 30, 2017. Register for the promotion using the promo code 3EUR17.
American Airlines Eliminating Full Beverage Service On Short Haul Flights
Beginning June 1, AA will end its full beverage service that it currently offers on several flights under 250 miles. If you’re seated in first class, you’ll receive a small bottle of water and a cup of juice.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards