Touring a $21,000 per Night Hotel Suite, Overbooked Delta Flight, Luxury at JFK and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
This three bedroom, 16,577 square foot private villa at the St. Regis Maldives comes equipped with a large pool, private gym, screening room and more. The cost for all this luxury? $21,000+ per night.
Recently, TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt experienced an overbooked flight on her way from NYC to South Carolina. Instead of devolving into a chaotic situation with injured passengers, the situation was easily resolved thanks to Delta offering generous compensation for confirmed passengers to give up their seats.
American Airlines invited TPG to experience its new Flagship First Dining located in JFK’s Terminal 8. AA has invested a lot in this exclusive perk — and it shows. Check out all the food and drink available for the airline’s top flyers.
Find out why the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and Chase Freedom Unlimited should all be in your wallet and how to maximize your spend for the biggest return.
The Unaccompanied Flyer sat down with American Airlines CEO Doug Parker earlier this month for an interview. And, the interviewer didn’t pull any punches, asking right off the bat why the airline moved to a revenue-based frequent flyer program. Read what Parker had to say and see if you agree with him.
TPG chose to stay at Amanyara, Turks and Caicos on a recent vacation to the Caribbean nation. Did it live up to the hype of an Aman resort (and the steep price tag)?
In other news…
Earn Bonus TrueBlue Points for JetBlue Flights From NYC
You can earn up to 6,000 bonus TrueBlue points when you register for JetBlue’s current promo and then fly up to three round-trip flights between NYC (LGA, JFK, EWR) by July 23, 2017.
Earn Double Business Extra Points on AA Flights to Europe For a Limited Time
American Airlines recently launched a trio of transatlantic flights between Dallas (DFW) and Amsterdam (AMS) and Rome (FCO) and Chicago (ORD) and Barcelona (BCN). To celebrate the new routes, it’s offering double Business Extra points when you fly on any of those routes between now and June 30, 2017. Register for the promotion using the promo code 3EUR17.
American Airlines Eliminating Full Beverage Service On Short Haul Flights
Beginning June 1, AA will end its full beverage service that it currently offers on several flights under 250 miles. If you’re seated in first class, you’ll receive a small bottle of water and a cup of juice.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees