Touring a $21,000 per Night Hotel Suite, Overbooked Delta Flight, Luxury at JFK and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
This three bedroom, 16,577 square foot private villa at the St. Regis Maldives comes equipped with a large pool, private gym, screening room and more. The cost for all this luxury? $21,000+ per night.
Recently, TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt experienced an overbooked flight on her way from NYC to South Carolina. Instead of devolving into a chaotic situation with injured passengers, the situation was easily resolved thanks to Delta offering generous compensation for confirmed passengers to give up their seats.
American Airlines invited TPG to experience its new Flagship First Dining located in JFK’s Terminal 8. AA has invested a lot in this exclusive perk — and it shows. Check out all the food and drink available for the airline’s top flyers.
Find out why the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and Chase Freedom Unlimited should all be in your wallet and how to maximize your spend for the biggest return.
The Unaccompanied Flyer sat down with American Airlines CEO Doug Parker earlier this month for an interview. And, the interviewer didn’t pull any punches, asking right off the bat why the airline moved to a revenue-based frequent flyer program. Read what Parker had to say and see if you agree with him.
TPG chose to stay at Amanyara, Turks and Caicos on a recent vacation to the Caribbean nation. Did it live up to the hype of an Aman resort (and the steep price tag)?
In other news…
Earn Bonus TrueBlue Points for JetBlue Flights From NYC
You can earn up to 6,000 bonus TrueBlue points when you register for JetBlue’s current promo and then fly up to three round-trip flights between NYC (LGA, JFK, EWR) by July 23, 2017.
Earn Double Business Extra Points on AA Flights to Europe For a Limited Time
American Airlines recently launched a trio of transatlantic flights between Dallas (DFW) and Amsterdam (AMS) and Rome (FCO) and Chicago (ORD) and Barcelona (BCN). To celebrate the new routes, it’s offering double Business Extra points when you fly on any of those routes between now and June 30, 2017. Register for the promotion using the promo code 3EUR17.
American Airlines Eliminating Full Beverage Service On Short Haul Flights
Beginning June 1, AA will end its full beverage service that it currently offers on several flights under 250 miles. If you’re seated in first class, you’ll receive a small bottle of water and a cup of juice.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.