This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Sunday, an Amtrak train traveling from New York to Washington, D.C. found itself stranded on the track near Wilmington, Delaware. Sitting still for hours left some of the passengers quite hungry and given that Amtrak 161 had originated in New York City, it’s not all that surprising that passengers used to getting anything and everything delivered to them would try ordering food to their stranded train.
These resourceful passengers called Dom’s NY Style Pizzeria to see if they could get pizzas delivered straight to the train tracks — and luckily for them, a valiant deliveryman was up to the task. Dom Leary, who has been delivering pizzas for 18 years, parked at a house near the track, walked behind a row of houses, past a fence, down a hill and then over a stream, all while carrying the lucky passengers’ pizza.
As Leary reached the train, passengers began waving and cheering. One Twitter user caught the entire episode on his phone:
— Mitch Katz (@MitchKatz) May 15, 2017
It’s good to know that even out of Seamless-ing distance, we can still get almost anything delivered. Way to go, Dom’s!
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak’s Facebook Page.
H/T: The Huffington Post
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards