Hero Deliveryman Brings Pizza to Stranded Amtrak Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Sunday, an Amtrak train traveling from New York to Washington, D.C. found itself stranded on the track near Wilmington, Delaware. Sitting still for hours left some of the passengers quite hungry and given that Amtrak 161 had originated in New York City, it’s not all that surprising that passengers used to getting anything and everything delivered to them would try ordering food to their stranded train.
These resourceful passengers called Dom’s NY Style Pizzeria to see if they could get pizzas delivered straight to the train tracks — and luckily for them, a valiant deliveryman was up to the task. Dom Leary, who has been delivering pizzas for 18 years, parked at a house near the track, walked behind a row of houses, past a fence, down a hill and then over a stream, all while carrying the lucky passengers’ pizza.
As Leary reached the train, passengers began waving and cheering. One Twitter user caught the entire episode on his phone:
— Mitch Katz (@MitchKatz) May 15, 2017
It’s good to know that even out of Seamless-ing distance, we can still get almost anything delivered. Way to go, Dom’s!
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak’s Facebook Page.
H/T: The Huffington Post
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.