Craving McDonald’s? You Can Call Uber for That
McDonald’s has partnered with Uber’s food delivery service UberEATS to offer McNuggets (or anything else on the menu) on demand in four more US cities. 1,000 McDonald’s restaurants in Los Angeles, Chicago, Columbus and Phoenix will join several locations in Florida that already offer delivery through UberEATS.
The thought of getting a Big Mac delivered straight to your couch certainly sounds appealing, but be aware that it’ll cost you. UberEATS charges a $5 booking fee — about the same price as many of McDonald’s menu items. Add in tax and tip and an Egg McMuffin can end up costing you $11 which is a bit more than twice the price of the same order in the restaurant.
But, McDonald’s has proven that food delivery can drive profits. The fast food giant already runs a delivery service in many of its restaurants in Asia and the Middle East, which accounts for up to 40% of sales at those locations. According to Buzzfeed, the Golden Arches made nearly $1 billion in delivery sales in 2016. If you don’t happen to live in one of the cities that offers McDonald’s delivery, don’t fret — it’s said that it will be rolling out the service to more cities in the coming months.
H/T: Buzzfeed News
Featured image courtesy of McDonald’s Facebook Page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.