Lincoln Moves into Ride-Share Space With Drivers-on-Demand Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lincoln is launching a new service that will enter the luxury car company into the ride-share space currently shared by Uber, Lyft and Juno, among others. According to Autoblog, there’s just one thing that makes the new Lincoln Chauffeur product different from that of its competitors: no car is included since it’s only available to current Lincoln automobile owners.
Here’s how it works: Lincoln owners will be able to request a driver-on-demand (in another words, an hourly chauffeur) who is an actual Lincoln employee instead of a contract worker. The professional driver will chauffeur you around in your own car, return it to your home afterward and can even run simple errands, like filling up the gas tank and picking up some groceries.
The service, which is basically a much ritzier version of Uber, won’t break the bank either — it runs about $30 an hour which, when compared to other ride-share options, seems pretty reasonable considering one surge fare could cost you upwards of $40. While it’s available to any owners of Lincoln automobiles, new buyers can score eight hours free to test it out. Lincoln will first launch its new product in Miami, then plans to extend it to San Diego as well as other US cities.
Featured image courtesy of Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees