Lincoln Moves into Ride-Share Space With Drivers-on-Demand Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lincoln is launching a new service that will enter the luxury car company into the ride-share space currently shared by Uber, Lyft and Juno, among others. According to Autoblog, there’s just one thing that makes the new Lincoln Chauffeur product different from that of its competitors: no car is included since it’s only available to current Lincoln automobile owners.
Here’s how it works: Lincoln owners will be able to request a driver-on-demand (in another words, an hourly chauffeur) who is an actual Lincoln employee instead of a contract worker. The professional driver will chauffeur you around in your own car, return it to your home afterward and can even run simple errands, like filling up the gas tank and picking up some groceries.
The service, which is basically a much ritzier version of Uber, won’t break the bank either — it runs about $30 an hour which, when compared to other ride-share options, seems pretty reasonable considering one surge fare could cost you upwards of $40. While it’s available to any owners of Lincoln automobiles, new buyers can score eight hours free to test it out. Lincoln will first launch its new product in Miami, then plans to extend it to San Diego as well as other US cities.
Featured image courtesy of Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.