Last Chance to Earn 100k Points With the Hilton Surpass Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Back in March, two Hilton co-branded cards launched elevated sign-up bonuses, and while these limited-time offers have had a good run, they’re soon coming to an end. You only have until next Wednesday, May 31, to sign up for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express and earn 100,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, plus a free weekend night after your first anniversary of cardmembership.
As a reminder, the main perks of the Surpass Card are complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status (plus the ability to upgrade to Diamond when you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year) and relatively generous bonus categories. You’ll earn 12x points on Hilton purchases; 6x at US restaurants, US supermarkets and US gas stations; and 3x on everything else. This card has a $75 annual fee, and it imposes a 2.7% charge on foreign transactions.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the 100,000-point sign-up bonus is worth $600. Hilton Honors points are far from the most valuable loyalty currency out there, but thanks to some recent changes to Hilton’s program — including the introduction of a Points & Money redemption option — you have more options than ever for stretching your rewards with this hotel chain. The current elevated offer also includes a free weekend night after your first anniversary of cardmembership, further boosting the value you can get from this card.
The more entry-level Hilton Honors Card from American Express is also offering an elevated sign-up bonus — 80,000 Hilton points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months — through May 31. While you won’t earn quite as many points, this card could be a good pick for you if you’re looking to avoid paying an annual fee, and if you don’t value some of the Surpass Card’s more premium perks like complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status. However, just remember that the Hilton Honors Amex has lower bonus category multipliers than the Surpass card.
If some extra Hilton points could come in handy as we enter the summer travel season, it could be worth it for you to sign up for the Hilton Surpass or its no-fee sibling, the Hilton Amex. Just remember to do so by May 31, when their elevated offers will expire.
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad Bora Bora Nui.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees