Last Chance to Earn 100k Points With the Hilton Surpass Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Back in March, two Hilton co-branded cards launched elevated sign-up bonuses, and while these limited-time offers have had a good run, they’re soon coming to an end. You only have until next Wednesday, May 31, to sign up for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express and earn 100,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, plus a free weekend night after your first anniversary of cardmembership.
As a reminder, the main perks of the Surpass Card are complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status (plus the ability to upgrade to Diamond when you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year) and relatively generous bonus categories. You’ll earn 12x points on Hilton purchases; 6x at US restaurants, US supermarkets and US gas stations; and 3x on everything else. This card has a $75 annual fee, and it imposes a 2.7% charge on foreign transactions.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the 100,000-point sign-up bonus is worth $600. Hilton Honors points are far from the most valuable loyalty currency out there, but thanks to some recent changes to Hilton’s program — including the introduction of a Points & Money redemption option — you have more options than ever for stretching your rewards with this hotel chain. The current elevated offer also includes a free weekend night after your first anniversary of cardmembership, further boosting the value you can get from this card.
The more entry-level Hilton Honors Card from American Express is also offering an elevated sign-up bonus — 80,000 Hilton points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months — through May 31. While you won’t earn quite as many points, this card could be a good pick for you if you’re looking to avoid paying an annual fee, and if you don’t value some of the Surpass Card’s more premium perks like complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status. However, just remember that the Hilton Honors Amex has lower bonus category multipliers than the Surpass card.
If some extra Hilton points could come in handy as we enter the summer travel season, it could be worth it for you to sign up for the Hilton Surpass or its no-fee sibling, the Hilton Amex. Just remember to do so by May 31, when their elevated offers will expire.
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad Bora Bora Nui.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.