This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever dreamed of getting married in the cockpit of a 767, now’s the time to start planning your trip to Ireland’s west coast. Opening in Summer 2018, the Quirky Nights Glamping Village, which will be home to a plethora of transportation memorabilia, will feature a retired Boeing 767 that’s being transformed into a hotel with events space.
The Boeing 767, purchased by Irish businessmen and Quirky Glamping owner David McGowan, is one of the highlights of the transport-themed park. The plane, which will feature eight hotel rooms, will also be open for weddings that will take place in the cockpit — though it’s not the weirdest place we’ve seen a wedding take place.
Other ‘villages’ within the park include The Bus Stop, the Taxi Rank, the Train Yard and The Marina. Each village has turned classic modes of transportation into quirky accommodations, perfect for those looking for a vacation a bit more off the beaten path.
Featured image courtesy of Quirky Glamping’s Facebook page.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees