This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever dreamed of getting married in the cockpit of a 767, now’s the time to start planning your trip to Ireland’s west coast. Opening in Summer 2018, the Quirky Nights Glamping Village, which will be home to a plethora of transportation memorabilia, will feature a retired Boeing 767 that’s being transformed into a hotel with events space.
The Boeing 767, purchased by Irish businessmen and Quirky Glamping owner David McGowan, is one of the highlights of the transport-themed park. The plane, which will feature eight hotel rooms, will also be open for weddings that will take place in the cockpit — though it’s not the weirdest place we’ve seen a wedding take place.
Other ‘villages’ within the park include The Bus Stop, the Taxi Rank, the Train Yard and The Marina. Each village has turned classic modes of transportation into quirky accommodations, perfect for those looking for a vacation a bit more off the beaten path.
Featured image courtesy of Quirky Glamping’s Facebook page.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards