This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
WOW Air is launching flights from Reykjavik (KEF) to Tel Aviv (TLV) in September and is offering steeply discounted fares from all of its US gateways to celebrate the new route. You can fly from Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT) and San Francisco (SFO) to Tel Aviv (TLV) with cheap flights from September 2017 through March 2018, though availability is somewhat limited. Flights from the East Coast and Chicago start just under $300 round-trip, while flights from LAX and SFO begin just under $400 round-trip.
You’ll want to click here and purchase the tickets through WOW’s website, which is showing the lowest fares on these routes. Keep in mind that WOW is a low-cost carrier (we’ve had good experiences with WOW), so you’ll be charged if you want to pick a seat or bring a large carry-on or checked bag. Make sure you hop on this deal right away as it’s likely to disappear quickly.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: BOS/BWI/EWR/LAX/MIA/ORD/PIT/SFO to TLV
Cost: $298+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 – March 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia or WOW
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Tel Aviv (TLV) for $298 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Tel Aviv (TLV) for $298 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Tel Aviv (TLV) for $298 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Tel Aviv (KEF) for $398 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of Victor Ovies Arenas via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees