Deal Alert: Washington, D.C. to Ireland From $350 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’re based in our nation’s capital (or anywhere near it), you’re going to want to pay attention. Delta and its SkyTeam partners Air France and KLM are offering amazing fares to Ireland starting at just $350 round-trip. Tickets are available from late August through early December 2017 from both Washington’s Dulles airport (IAD) and Baltimore (BWI) to Dublin (DUB) and Shannon (SNN) and seem to require a one-week minimum stay. Search for your ideal itinerary on Google Flights and then complete booking directly through Delta. Note, too, that it’s possible these tickets are mistake fares, which could result in the airlines canceling the tickets. So, if you do book one of these fares, you may want to hold off on booking lodging until it’s confirmed that these tickets will be honored.
Airlines: Delta/Air France/KLM
Routes: BWI/IAD to DUB/SNN
Cost: $350+ round-trip in economy
Dates: late August through early December
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Baltimore (BWI) to Dublin (DUB) for $350 round-trip in December:
Baltimore (BWI) to Shannon (SNN) for $354 round-trip in August:
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Dublin (DUB) for $378 round-trip in November:
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Dublin (DUB) for $392 round-trip in November:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of the Cliffs of Moher, Ireland courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.