Deal Alert: Business Class to Europe From $1,985 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta is running a limited-time sale for Delta One flights to Europe. If you book by tomorrow May 9, you can get round-trip business-class flights to Europe starting at just $1,985 round-trip.
This sale is on specific Delta routes from six departure cities (Atlanta, Boston, New York City, Portland, Salt Lake City and Washington, D.C.) to ten European destinations. However, there are other routes not listed in the promotion that are also on sale. For example, Atlanta (ATL) to Milan (MXP) is popping up at $2,399 round-trip nonstop as well. So, make sure to check other routes besides the official ones listed:
Unfortunately, there’s a slew of fine print on this offer:
- Outbound travel from U.S. to Europe permitted August 1 – October 27, 2017. However, we are seeing flights available at these prices in June-July too.
- Cheapest fares require you to depart on Monday – Wednesday and return on Monday – Thursday.
- You must spend at least one Saturday night in Europe.
- You can’t stay longer than three months in Europe.
With all of that in mind, you can use Google Flights to find the dates you want and then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself.
Routes: ATL – MAD/MAN/VCE/MXP; SLC – CDG; IAD – LHR; JFK – TXL/LIS/MAD/AGP, BOS-AMS/DUB; PDX – LHR
Cost: $1,985+ round-trip in business class
Dates: June – October 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Lisbon (LIS) for $1,985 round-trip nonstop:
New York (JFK) to Málaga, Spain (AGP) for $1,998 round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for $1,994 round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Milan (MXP) for $2,398 round-trip nonstop:
Portland (PDX) to London (LHR) for $2,500 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Lisbon courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees