This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta is running a limited-time sale for Delta One flights to Europe. If you book by tomorrow May 9, you can get round-trip business-class flights to Europe starting at just $1,985 round-trip.
This sale is on specific Delta routes from six departure cities (Atlanta, Boston, New York City, Portland, Salt Lake City and Washington, D.C.) to ten European destinations. However, there are other routes not listed in the promotion that are also on sale. For example, Atlanta (ATL) to Milan (MXP) is popping up at $2,399 round-trip nonstop as well. So, make sure to check other routes besides the official ones listed:
Unfortunately, there’s a slew of fine print on this offer:
- Outbound travel from U.S. to Europe permitted August 1 – October 27, 2017. However, we are seeing flights available at these prices in June-July too.
- Cheapest fares require you to depart on Monday – Wednesday and return on Monday – Thursday.
- You must spend at least one Saturday night in Europe.
- You can’t stay longer than three months in Europe.
Routes: ATL – MAD/MAN/VCE/MXP; SLC – CDG; IAD – LHR; JFK – TXL/LIS/MAD/AGP, BOS-AMS/DUB; PDX – LHR
Cost: $1,985+ round-trip in business class
Dates: June – October 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Lisbon (LIS) for $1,985 round-trip nonstop:
New York (JFK) to Málaga, Spain (AGP) for $1,998 round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for $1,994 round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Milan (MXP) for $2,398 round-trip nonstop:
Portland (PDX) to London (LHR) for $2,500 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Lisbon courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees