This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get your flower crowns, mirrored sunglasses and statement hats ready — it’s officially festival season! And one week from the start of the Governors Ball on Randall’s Island in New York City, Citi has announced that it’s teaming with Founders Entertainment to offer cardholders new perks. For this year’s Gov Ball, festivalgoers can link their RFID wristband to their Citi credit or debit card for a new cashless payment experience and exclusive festival access.
Those going to Gov Ball next weekend can register their RFID wristband with one of their Citi credit or debit cards in advance through this link. Once the wristband and the Citi card have been linked, attendees will be able to have access to some unique features while on the festival grounds. Highlights of perks that can be accessed with your wristband once it’s linked with a Citi card include:
- Access to an elevated Citi viewing deck for a premium view of the GovBallNYC Stage performances. There will also be a cashless bar on the deck.
- If you register and link your card with your wristband before June 1, you’ll get a $5 credit. The credit is valid toward your first cashless purchase at the festival.
- Additional select and surprise opportunities.
The festival kicks off next Friday, June 2, and lasts through Sunday, June 4. Headline performers include Chance the Rapper, Phoenix and Tool, among many more. If you link your Citi card with your wristband, you’ll be able to view the headline performers (and the other acts performing on the GovBallNYC Stage) from an exclusive, preferred area — allowing you to avoid the crowds down below.
If you don’t yet have tickets to next weekend’s Governors Ball music festival, it’s not yet too late to buy them. Unfortunately, some single-day passes are sold out (Friday and Saturday), but single-day passes for Sunday are still available and will cost you $125 (including fees). Plus, if you want to take full advantage of the festival, regular three-day general admission passes are still available and will cost you $335 (including fees). To see the full lineup for the three-day festival, click here. It’s sure to be a great time — and with exclusive access from your Citi card, it’ll be an even more enjoyable experience.
Featured image courtesy of Governors Ball.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees