Citi’s Offering Cardholders Exclusive Access at Governors Ball
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get your flower crowns, mirrored sunglasses and statement hats ready — it’s officially festival season! And one week from the start of the Governors Ball on Randall’s Island in New York City, Citi has announced that it’s teaming with Founders Entertainment to offer cardholders new perks. For this year’s Gov Ball, festivalgoers can link their RFID wristband to their Citi credit or debit card for a new cashless payment experience and exclusive festival access.
Those going to Gov Ball next weekend can register their RFID wristband with one of their Citi credit or debit cards in advance through this link. Once the wristband and the Citi card have been linked, attendees will be able to have access to some unique features while on the festival grounds. Highlights of perks that can be accessed with your wristband once it’s linked with a Citi card include:
- Access to an elevated Citi viewing deck for a premium view of the GovBallNYC Stage performances. There will also be a cashless bar on the deck.
- If you register and link your card with your wristband before June 1, you’ll get a $5 credit. The credit is valid toward your first cashless purchase at the festival.
- Additional select and surprise opportunities.
The festival kicks off next Friday, June 2, and lasts through Sunday, June 4. Headline performers include Chance the Rapper, Phoenix and Tool, among many more. If you link your Citi card with your wristband, you’ll be able to view the headline performers (and the other acts performing on the GovBallNYC Stage) from an exclusive, preferred area — allowing you to avoid the crowds down below.
If you don’t yet have tickets to next weekend’s Governors Ball music festival, it’s not yet too late to buy them. Unfortunately, some single-day passes are sold out (Friday and Saturday), but single-day passes for Sunday are still available and will cost you $125 (including fees). Plus, if you want to take full advantage of the festival, regular three-day general admission passes are still available and will cost you $335 (including fees). To see the full lineup for the three-day festival, click here. It’s sure to be a great time — and with exclusive access from your Citi card, it’ll be an even more enjoyable experience.
Featured image courtesy of Governors Ball.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees