This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get your flower crowns, mirrored sunglasses and statement hats ready — it’s officially festival season! And one week from the start of the Governors Ball on Randall’s Island in New York City, Citi has announced that it’s teaming with Founders Entertainment to offer cardholders new perks. For this year’s Gov Ball, festivalgoers can link their RFID wristband to their Citi credit or debit card for a new cashless payment experience and exclusive festival access.
Those going to Gov Ball next weekend can register their RFID wristband with one of their Citi credit or debit cards in advance through this link. Once the wristband and the Citi card have been linked, attendees will be able to have access to some unique features while on the festival grounds. Highlights of perks that can be accessed with your wristband once it’s linked with a Citi card include:
- Access to an elevated Citi viewing deck for a premium view of the GovBallNYC Stage performances. There will also be a cashless bar on the deck.
- If you register and link your card with your wristband before June 1, you’ll get a $5 credit. The credit is valid toward your first cashless purchase at the festival.
- Additional select and surprise opportunities.
The festival kicks off next Friday, June 2, and lasts through Sunday, June 4. Headline performers include Chance the Rapper, Phoenix and Tool, among many more. If you link your Citi card with your wristband, you’ll be able to view the headline performers (and the other acts performing on the GovBallNYC Stage) from an exclusive, preferred area — allowing you to avoid the crowds down below.
If you don’t yet have tickets to next weekend’s Governors Ball music festival, it’s not yet too late to buy them. Unfortunately, some single-day passes are sold out (Friday and Saturday), but single-day passes for Sunday are still available and will cost you $125 (including fees). Plus, if you want to take full advantage of the festival, regular three-day general admission passes are still available and will cost you $335 (including fees). To see the full lineup for the three-day festival, click here. It’s sure to be a great time — and with exclusive access from your Citi card, it’ll be an even more enjoyable experience.
Featured image courtesy of Governors Ball.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards