Citi’s Offering Cardholders Exclusive Access at Governors Ball
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get your flower crowns, mirrored sunglasses and statement hats ready — it’s officially festival season! And one week from the start of the Governors Ball on Randall’s Island in New York City, Citi has announced that it’s teaming with Founders Entertainment to offer cardholders new perks. For this year’s Gov Ball, festivalgoers can link their RFID wristband to their Citi credit or debit card for a new cashless payment experience and exclusive festival access.
Those going to Gov Ball next weekend can register their RFID wristband with one of their Citi credit or debit cards in advance through this link. Once the wristband and the Citi card have been linked, attendees will be able to have access to some unique features while on the festival grounds. Highlights of perks that can be accessed with your wristband once it’s linked with a Citi card include:
- Access to an elevated Citi viewing deck for a premium view of the GovBallNYC Stage performances. There will also be a cashless bar on the deck.
- If you register and link your card with your wristband before June 1, you’ll get a $5 credit. The credit is valid toward your first cashless purchase at the festival.
- Additional select and surprise opportunities.
The festival kicks off next Friday, June 2, and lasts through Sunday, June 4. Headline performers include Chance the Rapper, Phoenix and Tool, among many more. If you link your Citi card with your wristband, you’ll be able to view the headline performers (and the other acts performing on the GovBallNYC Stage) from an exclusive, preferred area — allowing you to avoid the crowds down below.
If you don’t yet have tickets to next weekend’s Governors Ball music festival, it’s not yet too late to buy them. Unfortunately, some single-day passes are sold out (Friday and Saturday), but single-day passes for Sunday are still available and will cost you $125 (including fees). Plus, if you want to take full advantage of the festival, regular three-day general admission passes are still available and will cost you $335 (including fees). To see the full lineup for the three-day festival, click here. It’s sure to be a great time — and with exclusive access from your Citi card, it’ll be an even more enjoyable experience.
Featured image courtesy of Governors Ball.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.