This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Here’s news that could be music to your ears. Beginning today, Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card holders are entitled to get 50% back on the cost of Spotify subscriptions. The offer is good for both new and existing Spotify users and Quicksilver cardholders, meaning just about anyone is eligible — as long as you’re a cardholder and purchasing a subscription. The 50% offer is good for monthly subscriptions between today and April 30, 2018, so there’s plenty of time to take advantage.
This latest promotion of 50% back from Capital One with Spotify is valid for all Premium memberships, whether that be a student membership or a family membership. As long as a Quicksilver Card is your method of payment, you’ll get the 50% back in the form of a statement credit.
Here’s a brief overlook of the Premium membership levels and costs:
- Spotify Premium — $9.99/month
- Spotify Premium for Family — $14.99/month
- Spotify Premium for Students — $4.99/month
So, for example, if you’re to purchase a regular Spotify Premium subscription at $9.99 per month, the annual cost comes out to $119.88. If you use your Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card to pay the monthly bill, you’ll get $59.94 total back in the form of a statement credit — a pretty great deal.
In addition to the money back you could be getting, all Capital One cardholders — regardless of the type of card and whether it is is credit or debit card — are eligible for three months free of Spotify Premium. Beginning today and through June 15, Capital One customers can get a free three-month trial of the service. Once the three months are over, you’ll be auto-enrolled at the regular subscription rate. And yes, if you use your Quicksilver Card, you’ll automatically be enrolled in the 50% back promotion.
As a reminder, the Quicksilver Card currently comes with a sign-up bonus of $150 after you spend $500 within the first three months. You’ll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases (including your Spotify subscription), and there’s no annual fee. The QuicksilverOne card does not currently have a sign-up bonus, but you will still earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases, and there’s a $39 annual fee. If you want to take advantage of this Spotify promotion, you have time to sign up for either of the cards and get 50% off your membership — all the way through April 2018.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that