One Week Only: Up to 24x Avios per Dollar Spent Using British Airways Portal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Mileage shopping portals are a great way of getting bonus miles for purchases that you’re going to make anyways. Rather than going directly to the store’s website, just a few more clicks through a shopping portal can earn you hundreds — if not thousands — of additional points. In fact, shopping through a portal is so useful that it earns the #6 spot on our Essential Travel Tips for beginners.
And, today, we have some good news for travelers seeking Avios: Now through May 31, British Airways’ shopping portal is awarding 3x the standard earning rate.
Some of the notable offers are:
- eBags: 24x (36-cent return per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Sunglass Hut: 24x
- Overstock.com: 21x (31.5 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Neiman Marcus: 18x (27 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Pottery Barn: 18x
- West Elm: 18x
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond: 12x (18 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Sam’s Club: 12x
- Walmart: 12x
- Macy’s: 9x (13.5 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Apple: 6x (9 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Target: 6x
My favorite Avios redemption so far was transferring 25,500 BA Avios to Iberia Avios at 1:1 and booking Iberia’s excellent premium economy product from New York’s JFK to Madrid (MAD) — netting me a 12+ cent per Avios value on the last-second booking on the inaugural flight.
It’s wild to think that you need to spend just $1,063 at either eBags or Sunglass Hut to earn enough Avios for a one-way premium economy flight to Europe!
Need an intro to mileage shopping portals? Here are the basics:
H/T: Mommy Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees