One Week Only: Up to 24x Avios per Dollar Spent Using British Airways Portal
Mileage shopping portals are a great way of getting bonus miles for purchases that you're going to make anyways. Rather than going directly to the store's website, just a few more clicks through a shopping portal can earn you hundreds — if not thousands — of additional points. In fact, shopping through a portal is so useful that it earns the #6 spot on our Essential Travel Tips for beginners.
And, today, we have some good news for travelers seeking Avios: Now through May 31, British Airways' shopping portal is awarding 3x the standard earning rate.
Some of the notable offers are:
- eBags: 24x (36-cent return per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Sunglass Hut: 24x
- Overstock.com: 21x (31.5 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Neiman Marcus: 18x (27 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Pottery Barn: 18x
- West Elm: 18x
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond: 12x (18 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Sam’s Club: 12x
- Walmart: 12x
- Macy's: 9x (13.5 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Apple: 6x (9 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Target: 6x
My favorite Avios redemption so far was transferring 25,500 BA Avios to Iberia Avios at 1:1 and booking Iberia's excellent premium economy product from New York's JFK to Madrid (MAD) — netting me a 12+ cent per Avios value on the last-second booking on the inaugural flight.
It's wild to think that you need to spend just $1,063 at either eBags or Sunglass Hut to earn enough Avios for a one-way premium economy flight to Europe!
Need an intro to mileage shopping portals? Here are the basics:
H/T: Mommy Points