Aeromexico Plane Hits and Knocks Over Truck at LAX, Injuring 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aeromexico Flight 642 had just landed at LAX shortly before 2:30pm Pacific time and was taxiing near Runway 25R to its gate when the Boeing 737 struck what Los Angeles Airport Police referred to as a “provisioning truck.” The truck overturned as a result of the collision, landing on its left side. Six men and two women aboard the truck were injured — early reports indicated one of the injuries was critical, but their status was later updated to note that all the injuries were non-life threatening. The Los Angeles Fire Department had to rescue one of the trapped occupants of the truck.
None of the 149 passengers or crew aboard the Aeromexico flight were injured, though the right wing of the plane was damaged from the impact. Passenger Kole Chadwick told ABC7 in Los Angeles that the plane “just came to an abrupt stop and there was a really loud thud. We were actually seated right next to the emergency exit and we had a pretty good view of it and there was a truck tipped over on its side.”
No fuel was spilled as a result of the collision, and the plane eventually continued to the gate where the passengers were able to disembark approximately 90 minutes after originally landing. Neither Aeromexico nor LAX authorities could explain how the accident occurred, but the airport said it would investigate the incident in conjunction with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
H/T: CBS Los Angeles
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees