A Will Ferrell-Themed Bar Will Be Popping Up in DC This May
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not the Catalina Wine Mixer, but it’s about as close as you’ll get: Stay Classy, the Will Ferrell-themed pop-up bar that came to life on New York City’s Lower East Side in 2015, will be making its way to Washington, DC in May.
The brainchild of Zach Neil and Brian Link — the folks behind New York’s Tim Burton-loving Beetle House — the idea to create an entire drinkery around one of Hollywood’s favorite funnymen got off to a somewhat shaky start. Neil told DCist that all they heard were “crickets” during its first few weeks in New York, but once word began to spread, lines began to form, with wannabe patrons sometimes waiting up to four hours to get inside the space. After a 14-month run in the Big Apple, the guys decided to turn the bar into a bit of a roadshow, with the opening in our nation’s capital scheduled for Friday, May 5 (a.k.a. Cinco de Mayo).
Inside, both the bar and its offerings will pay tribute to Ferrell’s entire career, going all the way back to his Saturday Night Live days. Guests will be able to wash down Ma’s Meatloaf sandwich (a reference to Chazz Reinhold, Ferrell’s Wedding Crashers character) with a number of Ferrell-ified cocktails. With names like Milk Was a Bad Choice, You’re My Boy Blue, Glass Case of Emotion and Smelly Pirate Hooker, we can only assume they’ll taste better than they sound.
Stay Classy will be located on H Street NE, and plans to stick around for at least a month. While we can’t promise any jazz flute, we do know that the bar has hired a mustachioed Ron Burgundy impersonator to sit behind an anchor desk and make announcements — like drink specials — to the crowd. It’s kind of a big deal.
Featured image courtesy of Stay Classy’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.