A Will Ferrell-Themed Bar Will Be Popping Up in DC This May
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not the Catalina Wine Mixer, but it’s about as close as you’ll get: Stay Classy, the Will Ferrell-themed pop-up bar that came to life on New York City’s Lower East Side in 2015, will be making its way to Washington, DC in May.
The brainchild of Zach Neil and Brian Link — the folks behind New York’s Tim Burton-loving Beetle House — the idea to create an entire drinkery around one of Hollywood’s favorite funnymen got off to a somewhat shaky start. Neil told DCist that all they heard were “crickets” during its first few weeks in New York, but once word began to spread, lines began to form, with wannabe patrons sometimes waiting up to four hours to get inside the space. After a 14-month run in the Big Apple, the guys decided to turn the bar into a bit of a roadshow, with the opening in our nation’s capital scheduled for Friday, May 5 (a.k.a. Cinco de Mayo).
Inside, both the bar and its offerings will pay tribute to Ferrell’s entire career, going all the way back to his Saturday Night Live days. Guests will be able to wash down Ma’s Meatloaf sandwich (a reference to Chazz Reinhold, Ferrell’s Wedding Crashers character) with a number of Ferrell-ified cocktails. With names like Milk Was a Bad Choice, You’re My Boy Blue, Glass Case of Emotion and Smelly Pirate Hooker, we can only assume they’ll taste better than they sound.
Stay Classy will be located on H Street NE, and plans to stick around for at least a month. While we can’t promise any jazz flute, we do know that the bar has hired a mustachioed Ron Burgundy impersonator to sit behind an anchor desk and make announcements — like drink specials — to the crowd. It’s kind of a big deal.
Featured image courtesy of Stay Classy’s Facebook page.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee