This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not the Catalina Wine Mixer, but it’s about as close as you’ll get: Stay Classy, the Will Ferrell-themed pop-up bar that came to life on New York City’s Lower East Side in 2015, will be making its way to Washington, DC in May.
The brainchild of Zach Neil and Brian Link — the folks behind New York’s Tim Burton-loving Beetle House — the idea to create an entire drinkery around one of Hollywood’s favorite funnymen got off to a somewhat shaky start. Neil told DCist that all they heard were “crickets” during its first few weeks in New York, but once word began to spread, lines began to form, with wannabe patrons sometimes waiting up to four hours to get inside the space. After a 14-month run in the Big Apple, the guys decided to turn the bar into a bit of a roadshow, with the opening in our nation’s capital scheduled for Friday, May 5 (a.k.a. Cinco de Mayo).
Inside, both the bar and its offerings will pay tribute to Ferrell’s entire career, going all the way back to his Saturday Night Live days. Guests will be able to wash down Ma’s Meatloaf sandwich (a reference to Chazz Reinhold, Ferrell’s Wedding Crashers character) with a number of Ferrell-ified cocktails. With names like Milk Was a Bad Choice, You’re My Boy Blue, Glass Case of Emotion and Smelly Pirate Hooker, we can only assume they’ll taste better than they sound.
Stay Classy will be located on H Street NE, and plans to stick around for at least a month. While we can’t promise any jazz flute, we do know that the bar has hired a mustachioed Ron Burgundy impersonator to sit behind an anchor desk and make announcements — like drink specials — to the crowd. It’s kind of a big deal.
Featured image courtesy of Stay Classy’s Facebook page.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards