A Will Ferrell-Themed Bar Will Be Popping Up in DC This May
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not the Catalina Wine Mixer, but it’s about as close as you’ll get: Stay Classy, the Will Ferrell-themed pop-up bar that came to life on New York City’s Lower East Side in 2015, will be making its way to Washington, DC in May.
The brainchild of Zach Neil and Brian Link — the folks behind New York’s Tim Burton-loving Beetle House — the idea to create an entire drinkery around one of Hollywood’s favorite funnymen got off to a somewhat shaky start. Neil told DCist that all they heard were “crickets” during its first few weeks in New York, but once word began to spread, lines began to form, with wannabe patrons sometimes waiting up to four hours to get inside the space. After a 14-month run in the Big Apple, the guys decided to turn the bar into a bit of a roadshow, with the opening in our nation’s capital scheduled for Friday, May 5 (a.k.a. Cinco de Mayo).
Inside, both the bar and its offerings will pay tribute to Ferrell’s entire career, going all the way back to his Saturday Night Live days. Guests will be able to wash down Ma’s Meatloaf sandwich (a reference to Chazz Reinhold, Ferrell’s Wedding Crashers character) with a number of Ferrell-ified cocktails. With names like Milk Was a Bad Choice, You’re My Boy Blue, Glass Case of Emotion and Smelly Pirate Hooker, we can only assume they’ll taste better than they sound.
Stay Classy will be located on H Street NE, and plans to stick around for at least a month. While we can’t promise any jazz flute, we do know that the bar has hired a mustachioed Ron Burgundy impersonator to sit behind an anchor desk and make announcements — like drink specials — to the crowd. It’s kind of a big deal.
Featured image courtesy of Stay Classy’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees