Check Out TPG on CBS Sunday Morning
Brian Kelly — The Points Guy himself — was featured earlier today on CBS Sunday Morning in a segment about traveling for free on points and miles.
For those of you who saw the program and found your way here to TPG, welcome! We’re glad you’re here. If you hoping to learn the secrets of how to travel using points and miles, you’ve come to the right place. Start by checking out our Beginner’s Guide, where you’ll learn how to quickly earn travel rewards and travel in style for little to no cost.
You can also read about how Brian uses points and miles to take trips to places like the St. Regis Maldives where he stayed in an overwater bungalow, or how he flew in Singapore Suites from Los Angeles to Tokyo on a seat that turns into a full size bed, or the flight he described on CBS where he traveled in his own three cabin suite on Etihad and had his very own personal butler.
As you look around the site, you’ll find our “Deals” page with all the great airfare deals available right now to exciting international destinations, as well as all our reviews of hotels and airlines so you can know whether a particular flight or hotel is worth spending your points and miles on. Also, don’t forget our “Guides” section where you can read in-depth analysis on topics such as The 12 Best Starter Travel Rewards Cards for 2017 or The Best and Worst Airlines in the United States.
Finally, as Brian said on CBS, the first thing to do if you want to have a good miles and points strategy is to get the right credit cards. So you’ll want to check out our monthly list of the top credit cards to learn how to maximize the best sign-up offers. as well as explore our favorite cards from our partners.
And for those of you who might be new and a bit nervous about the world of credit cards, make sure you read our posts about using credit responsibly, taking care of your credit score and avoiding credit card pitfalls.
- 5 Things To Understand About Credit Before Applying For Cards
- 3 Key Considerations for Improving Your Credit Score
- Debunking Credit Card Myths: Does Applying For A Card Permanently Impact My Credit Score
- Avoiding Late Payments and Other Silly Credit Card Mistakes
To our longstanding readers, thanks as always for being here, and to our new readers, welcome aboard!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.