Check Out TPG on CBS Sunday Morning
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Brian Kelly — The Points Guy himself — was featured earlier today on CBS Sunday Morning in a segment about traveling for free on points and miles.
For those of you who saw the program and found your way here to TPG, welcome! We’re glad you’re here. If you hoping to learn the secrets of how to travel using points and miles, you’ve come to the right place. Start by checking out our Beginner’s Guide, where you’ll learn how to quickly earn travel rewards and travel in style for little to no cost.
You can also read about how Brian uses points and miles to take trips to places like the St. Regis Maldives where he stayed in an overwater bungalow, or how he flew in Singapore Suites from Los Angeles to Tokyo on a seat that turns into a full size bed, or the flight he described on CBS where he traveled in his own three cabin suite on Etihad and had his very own personal butler.
As you look around the site, you’ll find our “Deals” page with all the great airfare deals available right now to exciting international destinations, as well as all our reviews of hotels and airlines so you can know whether a particular flight or hotel is worth spending your points and miles on. Also, don’t forget our “Guides” section where you can read in-depth analysis on topics such as The 12 Best Starter Travel Rewards Cards for 2017 or The Best and Worst Airlines in the United States.
Finally, as Brian said on CBS, the first thing to do if you want to have a good miles and points strategy is to get the right credit cards. So you’ll want to check out our monthly list of the top credit cards to learn how to maximize the best sign-up offers. as well as explore our favorite cards from our partners.
And for those of you who might be new and a bit nervous about the world of credit cards, make sure you read our posts about using credit responsibly, taking care of your credit score and avoiding credit card pitfalls.
- 5 Things To Understand About Credit Before Applying For Cards
- 3 Key Considerations for Improving Your Credit Score
- Debunking Credit Card Myths: Does Applying For A Card Permanently Impact My Credit Score
- Avoiding Late Payments and Other Silly Credit Card Mistakes
To our longstanding readers, thanks as always for being here, and to our new readers, welcome aboard!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees