This Swedish Hotel Chain Will Refund Your Stay if You Get a Divorce
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The very nature of the hospitality industry requires that a hotel’s main goal is to make its guests happy, hence the popularity of 100% satisfaction guarantees for stays at thousands of hotels around the world. But Countryside Hotels, a hotel group based in Sweden, is making a unique pledge that goes above and beyond the usual service: if a couple gets divorced within a year of staying at one of the group’s hotels or inns, they’ll refund the unhappy exes the cost of a two-night stay.
According to the BBC, Countryside Hotels’ so-called “relationship guarantee” is part of the company’s push to get couples to spend more time together, in a new or unique place far away from their everyday routines. Whether it’s a cozy lodge nestled in the Grövelsjö mountains, a stylish country store-turned-hotel in the middle of an enchanting island or an opulent castle that now operates as a golf resort, Countryside’s portfolio of properties offers a first-class experience for any type of getaway — and one that the hotel chain hopes will leave lasting (and loving) memories for visiting couples.
Anna Madsen, a marketing executive with the chain, admitted that many guests think the guarantee is a joke — but she confirms that it’s a bona fide offer and what she describes as a “radical approach” to getting couples to understand the importance of getting away from it all and enjoying each other’s company.
As with most things in life, there are a couple of caveats. To be eligible for the refund, which is the equivalent of a two-night stay, couples must already be married when they stay at the hotel — they must also share a room and mention the “relationship guarantee” at the time of booking. (Don’t let that last part spoil the romance.) If the couple does get a divorce and wants to take advantage of the refund, they’ll need to send the hotel a copy of the official court documents for proof. But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
Featured image courtesy of Countryside Hotels via Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees