Southwest Customer Service Agent Schools Internet Troll in the Most Epic Way Possible
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a rough couple of weeks for the airline industry between the electronics ban, “leggings-gate,” Delta’s massive cancellations and of course, the United situation. So this bit of comic relief, served up by a quick-witted Southwest customer service rep comes at a good time.
A prankster, who goes by @xadoringpaige, recently reached out to Southwest via Twitter with a problem, telling Linnea, the customer service agent she was speaking with, that a Southwest flight attendant had repeatedly harassed her during a recent flight, calling her a “Fattie” and telling her that she would “die soon enough” after asking for extra sugar in her coffee. These accusations clearly upset Linnea, who asked for the flight attendant’s name along with her confirmation number. Instead, @xadoringpaige replied with what was supposed to be photo of the offending flight attendant, but what was really a picture of Britney Spears, saying, “Yes, her name is Britney. This is her.”
After realizing the whole thing was a prank, Linnea didn’t miss a beat with her next-level response: “Oops, she did it again.” The only response from the troll after that? “I can’t breathe.”
So, thank you, Linnea, whoever you are, for your amazing sense of humor. You seem like just the type of customer service agent we’d like to work with if we ever had a real problem.
H/T: Metro UK
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.