This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
Following last weekend’s viral #LeggingsGate story, we wanted to put together a comprehensive guide to each major airline’s policies pertaining to dress codes for non-revenue passengers. Read up on the rules here.
The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 75,000 points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Earlier this week, Uber shared that it’d cease operations in Denmark as of April 18. The move comes after the rideshare company has faced lawsuits and has left certain markets because of its controversial operating practices.
Check out the most exciting routes that airlines announced or launched in March.
On Thursday, the changes to the Platinum Card from American Express went into effect, one of them being an all-new metal design. Amex is allowing some cardholders to request metal replacement cards online, and the whole process takes only a few minutes.
In other news…
You Can Now Redeem Ultimate Rewards Points for Airbnb and Uber Gift Cards
Chase is now allowing those with Ultimate Rewards-earning cards to redeem points for Airbnb and Uber gift cards — but it’s not the best use of your points.
South African Airways is Losing a Ton of Money
South African Airways has never been known for its outstanding financial performance, but its losses are truly staggering. The airline’s board reported to South Africa’s Standing Committee on Finance that it lost R4.5 billion (more than $335,000,000) in 2016/2017.
Virgin Australia Will Use Gogo In-Flight Wi-Fi for its Domestic and International Aircraft
Virgin Australia chose to use Gogo to provide in-flight Wi-Fi on its domestic and international aircraft. The airline will begin testing the provider’s 2Ku technology this month on a Boeing 737-800.
Register to Earn Double Points on All Qantas Flights for a Limited Time
Qantas is offering a limited-time promotion through which you can earn double points on all flights. You must register for the promotion, book flights by 11:59pm (Australian Standard Time) on April 3, 2017 and travel between April 15 and February 28, 2018.
Featured image of Athens, Greece courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees