#LeggingsGate Special Report, Uber’s Ditching Another Country, New Routes for March and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
Following last weekend’s viral #LeggingsGate story, we wanted to put together a comprehensive guide to each major airline’s policies pertaining to dress codes for non-revenue passengers. Read up on the rules here.
The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 75,000 points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Uber Pulls Out of Yet Another Country
Earlier this week, Uber shared that it’d cease operations in Denmark as of April 18. The move comes after the rideshare company has faced lawsuits and has left certain markets because of its controversial operating practices.
Check out the most exciting routes that airlines announced or launched in March.
On Thursday, the changes to the Platinum Card from American Express went into effect, one of them being an all-new metal design. Amex is allowing some cardholders to request metal replacement cards online, and the whole process takes only a few minutes.
In other news…
You Can Now Redeem Ultimate Rewards Points for Airbnb and Uber Gift Cards
Chase is now allowing those with Ultimate Rewards-earning cards to redeem points for Airbnb and Uber gift cards — but it’s not the best use of your points.
South African Airways is Losing a Ton of Money
South African Airways has never been known for its outstanding financial performance, but its losses are truly staggering. The airline’s board reported to South Africa’s Standing Committee on Finance that it lost R4.5 billion (more than $335,000,000) in 2016/2017.
Virgin Australia Will Use Gogo In-Flight Wi-Fi for its Domestic and International Aircraft
Virgin Australia chose to use Gogo to provide in-flight Wi-Fi on its domestic and international aircraft. The airline will begin testing the provider’s 2Ku technology this month on a Boeing 737-800.
Register to Earn Double Points on All Qantas Flights for a Limited Time
Qantas is offering a limited-time promotion through which you can earn double points on all flights. You must register for the promotion, book flights by 11:59pm (Australian Standard Time) on April 3, 2017 and travel between April 15 and February 28, 2018.
Featured image of Athens, Greece courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees