Poll: Will You Still Fly With United Airlines?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This has been a very bad week for United Airlines. A man was forcibly dragged off a plane, CEO Oscar Munoz released a half-hearted response to the situation and then a scorpion fell on a passenger’s head and stung him — and don’t forget #LeggingsGate from last month. Needless to say, there’s been a tremendous amount of outrage, which isn’t likely to calm down any time soon.
But, of course, every person is different. So, we want to know: How do you feel about United? Will you still fly with United or are you completely boycotting the carrier? Or, do you fall somewhere in between? Let us know in the poll below.
In case you haven’t heard, here’s a recap of what’s happened with #BumpGate:
- On Sunday, April 9, United Airlines Flight 3411 was completely booked. When four airline employees needed to make the trip from Chicago (ORD) to Louisville (SDF), United asked for volunteers to be bumped from the flight. After increasing the offer from $400 + a hotel stay to $800 + a hotel stay, there were still no volunteers.
- A manager then announced that the airline would be selecting four random passengers who would then be bumped from the flight. When Dr. David Dao was selected as one of the four passengers, he refused to leave the plane. The manager then called in airport security who forced him out of his seat, hitting his head on an armrest and dragging him down the aisle and off the plane.
- Since the incident, Dao’s daughter and lawyer spoke publicly, announcing that Dao suffered a significant concussion, broken nose, the loss of two front teeth and an injury to the sinuses.
- United has publicly apologized to Dao and has refunded the flight for all passengers who were on board Flight 3411.
Feel free to explain your choice in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.