Life Ball: The World’s Best Party, Flight and HIV/AIDS Fundraiser
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you mention the “Life Ball” to friends overseas, chances are their eyes will light up — this is Europe’s biggest and most over-the-top HIV/AIDS fundraiser, an event hosted annually at Vienna’s City Hall that’s kind of like the Super Bowl halftime show on steroids. In the US, it’s not as well-known, but little by little, the word is getting out. We’ve got the scoop on what’s planned for this year’s — and how you can score tickets.
The party has always attracted A-list names, like Bill Clinton, Elton John (pictured below), Sharon Stone, Katy Perry and Paula Abdul. In addition to the food, drinks and dancing, there are fashion shows — Givenchy, Viktor & Rolf, Lanvin, Jean Paul Gaultier and Vivienne Westwood were at the 2014 soirée — and musical performances by the likes of Adam Lambert, Candice Glover and Trevor Jackson.
For those who want to absorb the entire Life Ball experience and make it a four-day extravaganza, there are a select number of limited-edition tickets, which combine a sure-to-be-entertaining round-trip flight from New York (JFK) to Vienna on Austrian Airlines on Thursday, June 8, with airport transfers, a two-night stay at the five-star luxury hotel The Ring, dinner at Albertina Passage, tickets so you can walk The Life Ball’s red carpet and attend the opening party at Le Meridien, as well as tickets to the Life Ball gala on Saturday night and a flight back to JFK on Sunday, June 11.
The flight itself is a one-of-a-kind experience and you can expect celebrities, special surprises and gifts for all passengers. When the plane arrives in Vienna, members of the international press will be there to greet you, and you’ll be whisked off to a private terminal, fast-tracked through customs and served refreshments and cocktails as your luggage is loaded onto your assigned vehicle.
Sounds pretty fabulous, no? If you want even more, there are VIP tickets, which grant you access to every nook and cranny where celebrities will be mingling behind velvet ropes and closed doors, including special access to a VIP/celebrity dinner and a pass that allows you to hobnob in every room at City Hall.
To recap, these are your options if you’re interested in attending this year’s event:
- Life Ball tickets without the special package: 330 euros (~$359) per person
- Four-day extravaganza, including the round-trip flight: 3,100 euros (~$3,370) per person
- VIP tickets to Life Ball: 2,500 euros (~$2,718) per person; there’s also a tax-deductible donation for businesses at 1,970 euros (~$2,142) and for individuals, it’s 2,167 euros (~$2,356)
Note that there is no other way to get access to the party, the flight or VIP areas except by booking through Steele Luxury Travel — the official and exclusive US partner of Life Ball 2017, so email email@example.com or call 646-688-2274. Best of all, 100% of the ticket sales go to The Life Ball organization.
All images courtesy of Life Ball.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.