Last Day to Earn up to 35k Points With the Starwood Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here.
Since mid-February, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express have been offering an elevated welcome bonus of up to 35,000 points. However, this offer is now on its last legs: It ends tomorrow, April 5, so today’s the final day to take advantage.
As a reminder, with the personal card you’ll earn 25,000 Starpoints after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, plus another 10,000 Starpoints after you spend an additional $2,000 within the first six months. With the business version, you’ll get 25,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 in the first three months, plus an additional 10,000 points after spending another $3,000 in the first six months.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, 35,000 Starpoints are worth $945, and there are plenty of great ways to redeem them, from as many as 13 nights in a Category 1 Starwood property to an SPG Moments VIP-style experience to a stay at a Marriott or Ritz-Carlton hotel. Plus, you can transfer points to more than 30 airline partners and get a 5,000-mile bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints you move over.
Apart from the increased points haul with this current offer, the Starwood Amex and the Starwood business Amex feature 2x points earnings on all Starwood and Marriott purchases plus 2 stay and 5 night credits (per card) toward SPG elite status. Neither card charges foreign transaction fees, and the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Both of these cards could be worth a place in your wallet if you’re looking to book a hotel award stay or even an award flight (thanks to the many airline transfer partners). Now’s a great time to get either one of them since you can earn an extra 10,000 Starpoints over the standard welcome bonus, but you’ll need to act today to lock in the higher offer.
Will you be applying for either card today?
Featured image courtesy of the St. Regis New York.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.