Last Day to Earn up to 35k Points With the Starwood Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here.
Since mid-February, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express have been offering an elevated welcome bonus of up to 35,000 points. However, this offer is now on its last legs: It ends tomorrow, April 5, so today’s the final day to take advantage.
As a reminder, with the personal card you’ll earn 25,000 Starpoints after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, plus another 10,000 Starpoints after you spend an additional $2,000 within the first six months. With the business version, you’ll get 25,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 in the first three months, plus an additional 10,000 points after spending another $3,000 in the first six months.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, 35,000 Starpoints are worth $945, and there are plenty of great ways to redeem them, from as many as 13 nights in a Category 1 Starwood property to an SPG Moments VIP-style experience to a stay at a Marriott or Ritz-Carlton hotel. Plus, you can transfer points to more than 30 airline partners and get a 5,000-mile bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints you move over.
Apart from the increased points haul with this current offer, the Starwood Amex and the Starwood business Amex feature 2x points earnings on all Starwood and Marriott purchases plus 2 stay and 5 night credits (per card) toward SPG elite status. Neither card charges foreign transaction fees, and the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Both of these cards could be worth a place in your wallet if you’re looking to book a hotel award stay or even an award flight (thanks to the many airline transfer partners). Now’s a great time to get either one of them since you can earn an extra 10,000 Starpoints over the standard welcome bonus, but you’ll need to act today to lock in the higher offer.
Will you be applying for either card today?
Featured image courtesy of the St. Regis New York.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees