Ireland Opens Stunning, 30-Mile Waterford Greenway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ireland is known for its beautiful natural features — from the iconic Cliffs of Moher that tower over the Atlantic to the sights along the 120-mile Ring of Kerry outside Killarney, which highlights some of the most spectacular scenery in the southwest.
To encourage travel to the southeastern region of the country, which is also home to some fabulous inland and coastal landscapes, the Irish government recently opened the Waterford Greenway, a public park stretching 30 miles from Waterford — Ireland’s oldest city, located just two hours from Dublin — to Dungarvan, a town along the southern coast.
The Waterford Greenway, which runs along an old railway line, will be open to runners, cyclers, rollerbladers and anyone else in need of a peaceful stroll through the Irish wilderness — you can even bring along your dog (as long its kept on a leash and you clean up after it). The path passes through a stunning mix of mountains, hills and lush greenery as well as several historic sites, before bringing you out along the coast. Check out the video below for a closer look.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
Featured image courtesy of Waterford Greenway’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.