You Can Now Search for Flights Through Your Google Home
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have a Google Home? Are you a frequent traveler? Well, Google is about to make finding your preferred flight more seamless than ever. Beginning today, you can search for flights and track prices through Google Flights with your Google Home device.
Here’s how it works: Get the device’s attention with the normal “OK Google,” and then ask it to find you fares to your destination on specific dates. Check out the GIF below to see how it works:
As you can see, Google Home will allow you to both search for a new flight and track prices. If you choose to track prices on a route on specific dates, you’ll be able to get email updates. In addition to the new search and tracking capabilities, Google Home can assist you in planning other parts of your trip, such as finding out if you need a visa, the best time to visit a destination, what traffic is like when you’re leaving for the airport and more.
While it’s certainly cool to be able to search for flights without using a phone or computer, you can’t yet book the through Google Home. Once you find a flight that you’d like to purchase, you have to complete booking on a device that’ll allow you to do so.
Featured image courtesy of Google.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.