This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have a Google Home? Are you a frequent traveler? Well, Google is about to make finding your preferred flight more seamless than ever. Beginning today, you can search for flights and track prices through Google Flights with your Google Home device.
Here’s how it works: Get the device’s attention with the normal “OK Google,” and then ask it to find you fares to your destination on specific dates. Check out the GIF below to see how it works:
As you can see, Google Home will allow you to both search for a new flight and track prices. If you choose to track prices on a route on specific dates, you’ll be able to get email updates. In addition to the new search and tracking capabilities, Google Home can assist you in planning other parts of your trip, such as finding out if you need a visa, the best time to visit a destination, what traffic is like when you’re leaving for the airport and more.
While it’s certainly cool to be able to search for flights without using a phone or computer, you can’t yet book the through Google Home. Once you find a flight that you’d like to purchase, you have to complete booking on a device that’ll allow you to do so.
Featured image courtesy of Google.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards