I’m in Asia This Week — Follow My Adventures on Snapchat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I am in Asia this week. I flew American Airlines from Los Angeles (LAX) to Hong Kong (HKG) on the carrier’s 777 Flagship First Class. On our descent into HKG, we had an aborted landing and had to do another take. It was a pretty crazy experience, but everything is fine now — don’t worry. The best part? I got it on Snapchat.
I’m now writing this from Bangkok, and I’ll be going to Koh Samui this weekend and staying at one of the most aspirational points hotels out there. And I have to say, the suite that I have at the property is pretty insane.
Where exactly will I be staying? Well, I’ll be filing trip reports when I get back, but while I’m here, you can catch exclusive Snapchat content all weekend long. So I strongly encourage you to follow along on Snap. For those of you who don’t know what Snapchat is, it basically gives you short clips of my travels. Sometimes I can be funny, sometimes I can be delirious and sometimes I overkill with too many details from menus. But if you want a sense of what it’s like to travel with me, you can easily keep up with me on Snapchat.
I also try to respond to every single message. That being said, please keep the messages short — I can’t do a whole credit card consultation through a Snap message! I love hearing from you, though. So send me pictures of your travels and your thoughts — it’s a really great community.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.