I’m in Asia This Week — Follow My Adventures on Snapchat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I am in Asia this week. I flew American Airlines from Los Angeles (LAX) to Hong Kong (HKG) on the carrier’s 777 Flagship First Class. On our descent into HKG, we had an aborted landing and had to do another take. It was a pretty crazy experience, but everything is fine now — don’t worry. The best part? I got it on Snapchat.
I’m now writing this from Bangkok, and I’ll be going to Koh Samui this weekend and staying at one of the most aspirational points hotels out there. And I have to say, the suite that I have at the property is pretty insane.
Where exactly will I be staying? Well, I’ll be filing trip reports when I get back, but while I’m here, you can catch exclusive Snapchat content all weekend long. So I strongly encourage you to follow along on Snap. For those of you who don’t know what Snapchat is, it basically gives you short clips of my travels. Sometimes I can be funny, sometimes I can be delirious and sometimes I overkill with too many details from menus. But if you want a sense of what it’s like to travel with me, you can easily keep up with me on Snapchat.
I also try to respond to every single message. That being said, please keep the messages short — I can’t do a whole credit card consultation through a Snap message! I love hearing from you, though. So send me pictures of your travels and your thoughts — it’s a really great community.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees