I’m in Asia This Week — Follow My Adventures on Snapchat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I am in Asia this week. I flew American Airlines from Los Angeles (LAX) to Hong Kong (HKG) on the carrier’s 777 Flagship First Class. On our descent into HKG, we had an aborted landing and had to do another take. It was a pretty crazy experience, but everything is fine now — don’t worry. The best part? I got it on Snapchat.
I’m now writing this from Bangkok, and I’ll be going to Koh Samui this weekend and staying at one of the most aspirational points hotels out there. And I have to say, the suite that I have at the property is pretty insane.
Where exactly will I be staying? Well, I’ll be filing trip reports when I get back, but while I’m here, you can catch exclusive Snapchat content all weekend long. So I strongly encourage you to follow along on Snap. For those of you who don’t know what Snapchat is, it basically gives you short clips of my travels. Sometimes I can be funny, sometimes I can be delirious and sometimes I overkill with too many details from menus. But if you want a sense of what it’s like to travel with me, you can easily keep up with me on Snapchat.
I also try to respond to every single message. That being said, please keep the messages short — I can’t do a whole credit card consultation through a Snap message! I love hearing from you, though. So send me pictures of your travels and your thoughts — it’s a really great community.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees