This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s massive system outage and weather problems last week flew mostly under the radar (thanks, #BumpGate), but the airline is taking steps to ensure that it doesn’t find itself in hot water like United has. United said yesterday that it was going to provide compensation for all passengers on board the infamous flight 3411, and today Delta has shared that it, too, will be compensating passengers affected by its operational issues last week.
Delta’s automatically sending compensation of either 20,000 SkyMiles or $200 to all passengers who experienced delays of at least three hours or experienced cancellations on two or more flights from April 3 through April 9, 2017. We value SkyMiles at 1.2 cents each — and you can get much more value out of them than that — so depending on your situation the miles may make more sense for you. Note that if you were on a flight that was canceled and you chose to instead receive a refund, or if you were re-accommodated on another flight that was delayed for less than three hours, you won’t be eligible to receive this compensation.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees