This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been thinking about a trip to Machu Picchu or you’re just interested in visiting South America, right now there’s some great airfares available to Lima, Peru on both American Airlines and Delta Airlines from cities on both the east and west coasts. We’re seeing flights to Lima (LIM) from New York/Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO), Denver (DEN) and even Raleigh-Durham (RDU) for as low as $452 round-trip.
These fares are primarily available in April and May, but we did find quite a bit of fall and winter space on flights from Boston and Raleigh-Durham to Lima on Delta. In most cases there’s a Saturday night stay requirement but you don’t need any tricks to get these airfares, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself. Also, since these are international trips on legacy carriers, you’ll get your first checked bag free and even a complimentary meal during the flight.
Airlines: American Airlines and Delta Airlines
Routes: EWR/BOS/RDU/DEN/SFO to LIM
Cost: $452+ round-trip in economy
Dates: April-May and October 2017-February 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Lima, Peru (LIM) on American for $452 round-trip via Orbitz:
Denver (DEN) to Lima (LIM) on American for $452 round-trip via Orbitz:
Boston (BOS) to Lima (LIM) on Delta for $455 round-trip via Orbitz:
Raleigh-Durham (RDU) to Lima (LIM) on Delta for $455 round-trip via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Lima (LIM) on American for $462 round-trip via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured image of Miraflores in Lima, Peru courtesy of andyKRAKOVSKI/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees