Deal Alert: US Cities to Abu Dhabi From $587 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is home to a fascinating mix of both the ancient and modern, bringing together some of the most fascinating sights in the world such as the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi (the world’s only hotel built on a racetrack), the photogenic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center and the architecturally stunning Zayed National Museum, to name just a few. If those sound intriguing, right now we’re seeing airfares from New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD) starting as low as $587 round-trip.
The lowest fares depart from New York with flights available on most weekdays — and even some weekends — during the months of September through December, and a small number of dates also open in May. Flights from Chicago and Washington DC are a little more sparse, but you should be able to find itineraries from those cities for about $20-$50 more. In most cases there’s only a Saturday stay requirement so you can make the trip as short or long as you’d like. You don’t need any tricks to get these prices, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself.
Most of these itineraries have just one stop in either Amsterdam (AMS) or Rome (FCO). Also, since these are international trips on mainstream carriers, you’ll get your first checked bag free and even a complimentary meal during the flight.
Airlines: SkyTeam (Delta, KLM, Alitalia, Air France)
Routes: NYC/IAD/ORD to AUH
Cost: $587+ round-trip in economy
Dates: May and September-December
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Abu Dhabi, UAE (AUH) in May for $587 round-trip via Orbitz:
New York (JFK) to Abu Dhabi, UAE (AUH) in October for $587 round-trip via Orbitz:
Chicago (ORD) to Abu Dhabi, UAE (AUH) in September for $601 round-trip via Orbitz:
Washington, DC (IAD) to Abu Dhabi, UAE (AUH) in September for $642 round-trip via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured image courtesy of vwalakte/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees