Deal Alert: East Coast to Spain From $327 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
What better way to escape the chilly fall and frigid winter in the Northeast than with a trip to temperate Spain? Book a ticket from either Boston (BOS) or New York City (EWR and JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) or Madrid (MAD) from just $327 round-trip. As an added bonus, these great fares are on full-service carriers American Airlines and TAP Portugal, meaning you’ll have complimentary checked bags, meals and seat selection. Flights are generally available from October 2017 through February 2018, but it will depend based on city pair — be sure to do your research on Google Flights to select an itinerary, and then complete booking on the airline’s site.
Airline: American and TAP Portugal
Route: US cities to Europe BOS/EWR/JFK to BCN and MAD
Cost: $327 round-trip in economy
Dates: October 2017 – February 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) for $327 round-trip in October on TAP Portugal:
Newark (EWR) to Madrid (MAD) for $348 round-trip in January on TAP Portugal:
New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $374 round-trip in January on TAP Portugal:
New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $376 round-trip in December on American:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Barcelona, Spain courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.