Deal Alert: New York to Barcelona From $291 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We normally recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, this particular deal is only appearing on the airline’s website, so you can use the American Express Platinum Card and book directly with the airline to get 5x MR points.
We’ve seen some great fares to Europe in recent months, but this one is pretty fantastic. If you’ve been thinking about a trip to Spain, right now you can book flights from New York/Newark (EWR) and New York/Kennedy (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) on Aer Lingus for as low as $291 round-trip!
This fare requires a little effort to find as it’s only showing on the Aer Lingus website, so you can’t use Google Flights or online travel agencies like Orbitz or Expedia to find the dates you want. You’ll want to set your departure city as New York All Airports — use “NYC” as the airport code instead of “EWR” (Newark) or “JFK” (Kennedy). You’ll also need to search for a round-trip as the best prices don’t seem to show for one-way flights. Finally, make sure you’re looking for at least a 7-night stay to see the lowest airfares.
The space for these airfares is mostly available in early to mid May with just a trickle of space in late April. All of the itineraries have one stop in Dublin (DUB) in each direction, but unlike flights on low-cost carriers, you’ll get both a free checked bag and advance seat assignments included with your ticket.
Airline: Aer Lingus
Routes: NYC to BCN
Cost: $291+ round-trip in economy
Dates: April-May 2017
Booking Link: Aer Lingus
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $291 round-trip in early May:
New York/Kennedy (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $291 round-trip in mid-May:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Barcelona, Spain (BCN) for $297 round-trip in late April:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $297 round-trip in mid to late May:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image courtesy of Gemma Escribano/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.