Deal Alert: New York to Barcelona From $291 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We normally recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, this particular deal is only appearing on the airline’s website, so you can use the American Express Platinum Card and book directly with the airline to get 5x MR points.
We’ve seen some great fares to Europe in recent months, but this one is pretty fantastic. If you’ve been thinking about a trip to Spain, right now you can book flights from New York/Newark (EWR) and New York/Kennedy (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) on Aer Lingus for as low as $291 round-trip!
This fare requires a little effort to find as it’s only showing on the Aer Lingus website, so you can’t use Google Flights or online travel agencies like Orbitz or Expedia to find the dates you want. You’ll want to set your departure city as New York All Airports — use “NYC” as the airport code instead of “EWR” (Newark) or “JFK” (Kennedy). You’ll also need to search for a round-trip as the best prices don’t seem to show for one-way flights. Finally, make sure you’re looking for at least a 7-night stay to see the lowest airfares.
The space for these airfares is mostly available in early to mid May with just a trickle of space in late April. All of the itineraries have one stop in Dublin (DUB) in each direction, but unlike flights on low-cost carriers, you’ll get both a free checked bag and advance seat assignments included with your ticket.
Airline: Aer Lingus
Routes: NYC to BCN
Cost: $291+ round-trip in economy
Dates: April-May 2017
Booking Link: Aer Lingus
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $291 round-trip in early May:
New York/Kennedy (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $291 round-trip in mid-May:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Barcelona, Spain (BCN) for $297 round-trip in late April:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $297 round-trip in mid to late May:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image courtesy of Gemma Escribano/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees