This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Club Carlson isn’t known to be the most rewarding loyalty program. But, with its spring promotion, there’s the opportunity to earn some pretty valuable rewards — in fact, triple points on all stays plus a 5,000-point bonus for select stays between April 3 and June 30, 2017.
Here’s how the promotion works: You’ll earn 3x points on eligible stays at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels around the world once you register and complete a stay between April 3 and June 30, 2017. Plus, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus points (up to 10,000) for each Sunday and Monday night during an eligible stay. Stays that include both a Sunday and Monday night are eligible for two 5,000-point bonuses, therefore maxing out the 10,000-point cap. We value Club Carlson points at 0.4 cents each, so this weekend bonus is worth up to $40.
In order to be eligible for the bonus, you must register for the promotion on Club Carlson’s website. Note that for the whole promotion (3x and 5,000 bonus points), there is a maximum earning of 100,000 bonus points. Award stays aren’t eligible for this offer and nor are Points + Cash stays. Finally, eligible stays at all hotels in Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates will earn the 5,000 bonus points for stays on Saturday and Sunday nights.
All Club Carlson members regardless of status earn 20 points per dollar on stays and on spend at the property. From there, Silver members earn a 15% bonus, Gold members receive a 35% bonus and Concierge members receive a 75% bonus on points earned per dollar spent at Club Carlson properties. So, for the base-level earning of 20 points per dollar, members can earn 60 points per dollar with the 3x points promotion (plus the opportunity to earn 5,000 more, depending on the night of stay). This is a pretty nice offer from Club Carlson, but might not be worth going out of your way to stay at a property. But, if you’re thinking about booking a stay, it could be worthwhile to register to earn some bonus points.
Featured image of the Radisson Blu, Dakar Sea Plaza.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards