This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Club Carlson isn’t known to be the most rewarding loyalty program. But, with its spring promotion, there’s the opportunity to earn some pretty valuable rewards — in fact, triple points on all stays plus a 5,000-point bonus for select stays between April 3 and June 30, 2017.
Here’s how the promotion works: You’ll earn 3x points on eligible stays at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels around the world once you register and complete a stay between April 3 and June 30, 2017. Plus, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus points (up to 10,000) for each Sunday and Monday night during an eligible stay. Stays that include both a Sunday and Monday night are eligible for two 5,000-point bonuses, therefore maxing out the 10,000-point cap. We value Club Carlson points at 0.4 cents each, so this weekend bonus is worth up to $40.
In order to be eligible for the bonus, you must register for the promotion on Club Carlson’s website. Note that for the whole promotion (3x and 5,000 bonus points), there is a maximum earning of 100,000 bonus points. Award stays aren’t eligible for this offer and nor are Points + Cash stays. Finally, eligible stays at all hotels in Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates will earn the 5,000 bonus points for stays on Saturday and Sunday nights.
All Club Carlson members regardless of status earn 20 points per dollar on stays and on spend at the property. From there, Silver members earn a 15% bonus, Gold members receive a 35% bonus and Concierge members receive a 75% bonus on points earned per dollar spent at Club Carlson properties. So, for the base-level earning of 20 points per dollar, members can earn 60 points per dollar with the 3x points promotion (plus the opportunity to earn 5,000 more, depending on the night of stay). This is a pretty nice offer from Club Carlson, but might not be worth going out of your way to stay at a property. But, if you’re thinking about booking a stay, it could be worthwhile to register to earn some bonus points.
Featured image of the Radisson Blu, Dakar Sea Plaza.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees